Farmertec G372XP. Few questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Just no...
After much contemplation, I believe cuinrearview is correct. He made a very basic and truthful statement. Can't get any more clear than that.
I figure it this way. I'll pay a considerable amount of money for the Chinese saw, and the shipping. Only to have to upgrade to OEM parts on the brake flag, quad ring or the complete oil pump, ignition module, bar and chain, choke lever, possibly the carburetor, etc. At that point, I'm almost at the cost of a genuine Husqvarna when you figure in dealer discounts !!!
I think I'll get a new 395 and another new 372 in the Spring, and then call it quits on new saw purchases. Also sell off a lot of my current collection which is buried in storage.

After much contemplation, I believe cuinrearview is correct. He made a very basic and truthful statement. Can't get any more clear than that.
I figure it this way. I'll pay a considerable amount of money for the Chinese saw, and the shipping. Only to have to upgrade to OEM parts on the brake flag, quad ring or the complete oil pump, ignition module, bar and chain, choke lever, possibly the carburetor, etc. At that point, I'm almost at the cost of a genuine Husqvarna when you figure in dealer discounts !!!
I think I'll get a new 395 and another new 372 in the Spring, and then call it quits on new saw purchases. Also sell off a lot of my current collection which is buried in storage.

I paid 198 shipped for my G372xp, fired on the 3rd pull out the box and has not failed up to this point in any way...I could have bought 5 of them for the price of 1 oem.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I paid 198 shipped for my G372xp, fired on the 3rd pull out the box and has not failed up to this point in any way...I could have bought 5 of them for the price of 1 oem.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
If you dealer is charging a grand for a 372 you need a new dealer. Also, the Chusky 372s are OE, which are NLA new stateside. @Robin Wood can get a new OE 365. Not sure of the current price but I doubt it's 1K and would probably outlast five of those POSs.

If you dealer is charging a grand for a 372 you need a new dealer. Also, the Chusky 372s are OE, which are NLA new stateside. @Robin Wood can get a new OE 365. Not sure of the current price but I doubt it's 1K and would probably outlast five of those POSs.
New oem husky 372 or 365 oe are usd 800 delivered to your doorstep folks

The way I look at it is if you are working the saw, it will pay for itself quickly. My 266 I bought new and cleared 30 acres with in the 80's still runs like new, with only bar and chain replacements and plug a couple of times. I really don't need a 372, but I kind of want one......I did pick up a pretty nice 365 I'll play with this winter though. I'll buy some Chinese parts, but if I depend on a saw for a living, I'll go OEM.

The bolts fall out of the fake huskys just like real ones! Maybe the Chinese could start copying the transfer covers that leak or the misaligned plug threads? Those things really sell me on the quality of oem. Last time I checked the scrap yard there wasn't any Chinese saws sitting there, plenty of "Farm Bosses" but no farmer techs . Get yourself a 440 husqvarna and preach on that quality?

The bolts fall out of the fake huskys just like real ones! Maybe the Chinese could start copying the transfer covers that leak or the misaligned plug threads? Those things really sell me on the quality of oem. Last time I checked the scrap yard there wasn't any Chinese saws sitting there, plenty of "Farm Bosses" but no farmer techs . Get yourself a 440 husqvarna and preach on that quality?

Curious- did those non Husqvarna farmboss saws have 30 years of hard work behind them before they hit your local scrap yard?

I'm saying there's bad runs of all kinds of saws and husqvarna certainly isn't immune from it. The first gen 550 was junk and bearing pockets had to be redesigned for the 372 because of shot cases and it didn't take 5 years to ruin those saws .
It amazes me that everyone forgets about the debacles that the "Real" saw companies have put out whenever we start talking about Chinese stuff.

There may very well be a time soon where Chinese saws are the only ones available.
There are many industries and many products already where this is the case.
I had an excellent experience with a Chinese Makita I owned for around 3 years - I had no complaints at all.
I prefer to buy things that are made in the West for a lot of reasons, but that is becoming a dwindling list of options - especially here in Aus.
I remember 20 years ago when Korean manufacturing was dismissed as being junky, cheap and unreliable - and to a certain extent it was - now Korean automobiles (I'm sure among other things) are highly regarded for a lot of reasons.
As China manufacturing matures and the market share of things that are traditionally produced in the west grows, the products will get better (and more expensive).

I'm saying there's bad runs of all kinds of saws and husqvarna certainly isn't immune from it. The first gen 550 was junk and bearing pockets had to be redesigned for the 372 because of shot cases and it didn't take 5 years to ruin those saws .
It amazes me that everyone forgets about the debacles that the "Real" saw companies have put out whenever we start talking about Chinese stuff.

I agree, you can pick on certain models from most any manufacturer and find a Lemon- those G440's or whatever they were called did not have a very good run- but it is easier to get the R&D right if you copy someone elses proven models.

Never underestimate Americans desire to buy loads of cheap garbage from China.

I have to confess, I'd still probably take a chance on one of these Chinese 372 saws if it was orange, instead of that kinky chinsy blue color !!!
They'll probably never go back to making completely assembled saws in orange.

Personally I have a g388 that I have not had a single issue with. Granted i don't have a lot of time on it, but still it seems to be a good saw. Especially if you go through everything before you even gas it up. Also I feel they are good to learn rebuild and porting and all that stuff. Which would you prefer to mess with. A thousand dollar saw or one that cost less than 500 bucks? Just my 2 cents.

I try my best to buy high quality stuff.. even if I have to buy used to afford it. My garden tractors are simplicity made in port Washington wi. Made around 1986. My chainsaws are all older and used.. bought a milwaukee pole saw and its good. Dont know where its made.

My friends all have stihl pro saws. But none of them are newer than ten or 15 years old. So I would rather buy a 15 year old saw that works well. I dont worry about getting a scratch on a chainsaw..
Those 150 dollar consumer cheap saws ... i dont know anything about them. I trust guys like lonewolf. He knows his stuff 100 times more than I do. You need to trust folks that have skills.. there are people on this forum that make a living on equipment. I shut up and listen.. they are usually happy if I ask about buying something because I ask whats a great saw to buy... not the cheapest saw to buy..

I have a pretty good relationship with my local dealer, and last January he sold me a 10mm early 044 with a toasted piston, for 175.00 . I put a meteor piston and caber rings in it after cleaning up the cylinder. About 50.00 bucks in parts to bring it around to very good shape ,Of course I dumped a bunch of money into it for stuff I dont need ,wrap,light bar,and west coast clutch cover and spikes but it looks cool and runs like a scalded dog.
I really don't over think stuff like this and I also bought a G372XP which runs and cuts very good after a used oem carburetor (20.00 $, who's buying new? Duhhh) . If you making money with a saw or saving it ,I think it's a good idea to spend alittle. When you think about the cost to drop a tree in your yard you could have bought a name brand saw! But if you have a substantial fleet of runners? hell whats the debate about ? Are you looking for approval from people? Maybe if thats the case money is better spent on counseling.

Back