FarmerTec Huztl MS180/250 Complete Chainsaw Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice cleanup. For your consideration: I don't put dirko around the seals when assembling. But on the other hand I generally replace the seals? Always pressure test. Make sure you put a dab of dirko where the pan and cylinder mate together on the seal.

Thanks It runs good to.
Those were new seals and I add the dirko to help seal and hold them in. Those that was in it were loose. Stihl says smear some around the pro saw seals so I do it to the clams to.

Thanks It runs good to.
Those were new seals and I add the dirko to help seal and hold them in. Those that was in it were loose. Stihl says smear some around the pro saw seals so I do it to the clams to.
Makes good sense to add the dirko

Hello from Australia everyone. It's my first time posting on here. Thought someone might find this useful.
I bought the ms250 kit after coming across it online. Couldn't help myself after seeing the price $65US. The shipping cost is not given to you until you sign into PayPal which might be part of their angle for selling these things. I tried to find some shipping cost estimates on their website but couldn't. Still pulled the pin and ordered it, shipping was roughly $62US.

Kit arrived a week later but was missing the clutch and clutch drum. That wasn't stopping me from assembling most of the saw so I thought I'd get it together and see what other parts issues I had before I got in touch with their customer support. Saw went together fairly well although the fit and finish on some of the parts was piss poor to say the least.

- The bolts supplied to mount the motor to the case are the correct stihl thread but the motor threads were machined to M5. I managed to get them all the way home by running the bolts through the threads a few times prior to final engine assembly.
- Flywheel casting around keyway was very rough and wasn't allowing flywheel to seat all the way onto taper of crankshaft. This also caused the starter mechanism to not fully disengage, damaging the starter prawls and also rubbing on the spool.
- Fuel vent hose came broken from transit or factory.

I gave a pull to see if it would start (probably not a good idea without the clutch and drum but wasn't going to run it long) which she did eventually. Tested the stop switch which was good also. Left it at that for now, waiting for parts

Dealing with the customer service for parts you're missing is not a problem but trying to convince them of faulty parts is another story. I bought some extra spares and they threw in the missing parts on that order. I could've persisted longer with the back and forth but when you're dealing with people that speak English as a second language it just gets painful after days of messages and the longer it went on the longer I'd be without parts.

Hello from Australia everyone. It's my first time posting on here. Thought someone might find this useful.
I bought the ms250 kit after coming across it online. Couldn't help myself after seeing the price $65US. The shipping cost is not given to you until you sign into PayPal which might be part of their angle for selling these things. I tried to find some shipping cost estimates on their website but couldn't. Still pulled the pin and ordered it, shipping was roughly $62US.

Kit arrived a week later but was missing the clutch and clutch drum. That wasn't stopping me from assembling most of the saw so I thought I'd get it together and see what other parts issues I had before I got in touch with their customer support. Saw went together fairly well although the fit and finish on some of the parts was piss poor to say the least.

- The bolts supplied to mount the motor to the case are the correct stihl thread but the motor threads were machined to M5. I managed to get them all the way home by running the bolts through the threads a few times prior to final engine assembly.
- Flywheel casting around keyway was very rough and wasn't allowing flywheel to seat all the way onto taper of crankshaft. This also caused the starter mechanism to not fully disengage, damaging the starter prawls and also rubbing on the spool.
- Fuel vent hose came broken from transit or factory.

I gave a pull to see if it would start (probably not a good idea without the clutch and drum but wasn't going to run it long) which she did eventually. Tested the stop switch which was good also. Left it at that for now, waiting for parts

Dealing with the customer service for parts you're missing is not a problem but trying to convince them of faulty parts is another story. I bought some extra spares and they threw in the missing parts on that order. I could've persisted longer with the back and forth but when you're dealing with people that speak English as a second language it just gets painful after days of messages and the longer it went on the longer I'd be without parts.

Thanks for the feedback Nick. I was also curious about these kits, but I've heard similar stories about their after sales service... unfortunately.

I think I've heard enough about these kits to not order one. I think that if I want one of these I'll just find a trashed OEM saw and rebuild with aftermarket parts and end up still cheaper. Right now I have a 250 and I use an Echo 330 for the smaller stuff so I don't need the aggravation of ordering a kit. For some reason saws aren't selling too well this year so I think I'll save some space also..

Hey brads up. It's not only for the metal oil seals. They say it for the clam engine also.
cb1ba66641841bb3a75fcc5c52a70709.jpg

I really want to go to the other end and build the 660. Is there any instructions available to show you how to assemble it. I've done some porting and rebuilding but not from scratch

Mostly a part time lurker and a weekend warrior. I live on the gulf coast and only start thinking about saws when the weather starts turning cool. I tried to search before I asked.
welcome. did not recognize you. the 660 kit is a good one. when i did my first there was not actually any helpful step by steps that let you see detail. that has all changed and everyone can get in on it. even guys that are know it all learn from it. being a builder does not make you an expert in troubleshooting, but if you don't get excited you can get thought it. time is your friend then. if you need help there will be plenty.

I put together a parts list for the ms250 kit and have it posted on my website and the website is in my sig/footer. I did not post it here because I could not come back later and make corrections or additions. You will find it on the kit fact page. Should be able to copy paste and print and check off as you unpack and if anything is wrong let them know quickly. I also included a few suggested parts. They wrote and told me that that swear they are fixing the flywheel etc. That would be great if anyone buys a kit after today let us know how it went.

This 250 kit is a hot mess. man have they shot themselves in the foot with this baby. they said they were going to correct the problems but i honestly believe they need to start over from scratch. except the cylinder kit appears to be great. I have all these projects and delays and picked this kit up today thinking I could get a few things done and i wound up spending the day fighting fires. the clearances on the plastic are horrendous.

they wrote and told me how sorry they were and would replace the missing and bad stuff I found right away and a week later I never got tracking. Another contact, Oh yea we will get that right out now. then today uncovering this stuff. The kit is HORRIBLE. I will detail every item here over time and maybe it will embarrass them and maybe in the future they will change.

Somebody who has not done this a lot will really have their hands full here.

Look at this wire they sent. The kill switch wire had no barrel on it. What am I suppose to do with that, wait another two weeks?

kill wire.jpg

So i did not want to have to mess around with a bad carb so i bought a walbro wt-215. I set them side by side tonight and am now glad I did. the red is pointing out the differences.

ms250 walbro farmertec carb comparison.jpg

I will start with the case. the area around the oil pump was buggered up really bad. The oil cap would not stay on because of the case finish. The seals did seat in the grooves, that was a miracle. the fuel tank held pressure and vented. Zero problems with the cylinder kit. Spark threads were not used yet. I am going to include the baffle pate around the manifold here. it's cut out to route the coil wires was very small and it was a task to cut it out larger when it was installed so the wires would not be pinched or over time harmed. The coil wire did not have any heat shield on it, in this case protection from the sharp edges was most important so I installed one.

on the handle i showed you the kill switch above. The manifold was really tuff to pull in because of the finish on the hole, rough and sharp. Also, the handle impulse channel had a big hunk of plastic that would interfere with the manifold's ear laying properly. it had to be removed and was not really evident, the passage was open. the manifold was really hard to align with the roof, no notch or anything to show you have it aligned properly, i finally marked the outside with a gray marker to show the boundary's so i could align it as i slipped it on. Not sure if a stihl is like that. The impulse hose was very questionable. the ones on the larger saws were fine and usable, not this one. It tore and I replaced it with R3. I don't see how it would have worked anyway. It seemed short and the angle it comes off the cylinder it might have bent.

Back