Farmertec/Huztl MS200T - Idle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I am following, but to adjust idle you are talking about the L needle, to adjust idle higher you adjust the screw I have circled.
Idle screw you circled was set all the way in initially, but would not open throttle valve enough for engine to idle. I had to add a plastic tubing to open the valve a little more to idle.
The L needle is exactly what Lone Wolf stated.
It feels like the Farmertec carb may pumping so much fuel that cutting the fuel completely with the L needle fully seated had no effect. This may also explain why I had to open the throttle valve much more to get it to idle, probably needed more air balance the air-fuel ratio.
The exhaust port seems to be very wet every time I run it. So there's probably a lot of unburnt fuel. Piston looks very wet as well; no scoring on exhaust and intake side.
Planning to do 3 things over the next weeks.
1. Try another vac test as Lone Wolf suggested. Already ran 5 tanks of gas through this, so would be interesting to see if it is still holding pressure.
2. Buy and rebuild used OEM carb from Ebay. See how it performs.
3. Fiddle with the metering needle and metering level on the Farmertec carb. Gut metering feeling metering needle/valve is not fully seated and the pump may be pressurizing the reservoir.

Idle screw you circled was set all the way in initially, but would not open throttle valve enough for engine to idle. I had to add a plastic tubing to open the valve a little more to idle.
The L needle is exactly what Lone Wolf stated.
It feels like the Farmertec carb may pumping so much fuel that cutting the fuel completely with the L needle fully seated had no effect. This may also explain why I had to open the throttle valve much more to get it to idle, probably needed more air balance the air-fuel ratio.
The exhaust port seems to be very wet every time I run it. So there's probably a lot of unburnt fuel. Piston looks very wet as well; no scoring on exhaust and intake side.
Planning to do 3 things over the next weeks.
1. Try another vac test as Lone Wolf suggested. Already ran 5 tanks of gas through this, so would be interesting to see if it is still holding pressure.
2. Buy and rebuild used OEM carb from Ebay. See how it performs.
3. Fiddle with the metering needle and metering level on the Farmertec carb. Gut metering feeling metering needle/valve is not fully seated and the pump may be pressurizing the reservoir.
4. buy an OEM carb or Huyai, if that fails to remedy situation see number 5.
5. send it to Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf, do you still recommend the quick MS200T carb accelerator pump fix by plugging the port? Also, any difference between using JB weld and Superglue?

The rebuilding the used OEM carb from Ebay fixed the Idle and L screw problem, but it is showing the accelerator pump problem.

Thanks.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms200t-accelerator-pump-bypass.266605/
View attachment 670810
I sure do recommend it but sometimes it is not the problem,try the JB weld and we will see. I ordered that so called Huyai carb from Amazon and what they sent dont look like right! :mad:

Will give it a shot this weekend with the JB Weld and see how it runs. Too bad the Amazon Huayi is not right, would be great to find an AM carb that works.

Will give it a shot this weekend with the JB Weld and see how it runs. Too bad the Amazon Huayi is not right, would be great to find an AM carb that works.
Definitive Dave had them he is out of stock I guess he will get more but who knows when? I usually have a bunch of them in stock but I am down to 1!

Rebuilding the used OEM carb worked with the accelerator pump fix, diaphragms and gaskets replacement, and adjusting the metering lever.
Lone Wolf, many thanks for your your help and support!

Latest posts

Back