Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cody looked like he didn't tighten the winch down to the mount properly in that video. Too many other folks who abuse those winches day in and day out in a commercial setting and have zero issues for me to believe Wranglerstar.

Mine has also been perfect, although it's only been used a few times.
Many commented similar to yours. I didn't see anything wrong myself and took his word that he knows how a winch works. He had nothing to gain by not recommending the HF. IDK. Only thing I'll say is that if one breaks bring it back and get a new one. I don't have one, only one I've used was a Warn.

I agree, I did rely on youtube for most of my research, my error. I also read several reviews that stated their quality had come up a lot over the last couple of years. And before i knew how they block problem customers, i only saw a few bad reviews on ebay that were noticeably older. And I was lured into the affordability index for sure.

That being said, I do plan to fix the saw, i have been looking at some big bore kits, and possibly a muffler mod. After playing with the saw the little that i did, i like the big brick feeling of the saw, and might make it my daily use saw if i can get it running.

I put the warning on here, as several people mentioned to show my true experience with the company, and had never thought about the You Tube option, I may do that when it comes time for me to put the saw back together, but probably after summer as when the kids are out of school, i have no time for anything else unfortunately.

Also, I thought of the paypal thing a long time ago, but unfortunately used a CC for the purchase that time. My experience with PayPal has always been great, they seem to cancel things and give refunds almost automatically. Unfortunately, the CC i used, was stolen shortly after that, we had to cancel the account, and because of their poor customer service, ended up switching to a Chase rewards card, and what a huge difference as far as customer service, but the other company would not help me out at all.

As far as other warnings, I have issued one with the FTC, as their false warranty claims are a violation, and also noticed there were no complaints on the BBB, so I put a thorough complaint there as well.

In my experience, i also notices that another problem with their saws and research, is they go by so many different names. Farmertec, Huztl, Holzfforma.

Thanks for all of the responses, and even the flames, doesn't bother me one bit. I made the mistake. I will always be looking for bargain saws any chance I get, just talked to a friend who has 8 broken old school 80s saws that i am going to get and tinker with, and also just fixed up an old homelite hedge trimmer for a buddy, went from no fire at all, to smooth running and idling within about 30 minutes of play time, and only part that needed to be replaced was the primer bulb besides some TLC.

Thanks again everyone.

Out of all of the reviews, I believe Afleet, or something like that was the one that I put the most weight behind, and once he got the G395xp running, he said it was his favorite saw. Some of his older reviews, he let you know what pieces of junk they really were, and he also has one of their top handle saws that he made a few small modifications to and really liked.

I guess i was just mainly blinded by the fact that I could afford, and get started on my project right away, at least is what i thought.

And i have had many good experiences over the years with Ebay and Amazon sellers, this one has been by far my worst, but It was my own fault for letting the time line get out of hand to the point where Ebay would no longer help me on it.

Good luck to everyone

Joe, we've all been there. A good/great deal sounds good/great until it isn't.

As I get older, I tell myself buy quality, buy once, cry once.
Yes and no. You'll never actually get more for less. If you're going to try to save money on something, you have to ask yourself if you're buying more than you really need. If it's a tool you're going to use and abuse regularly and for a lot of years, then spend the money and buy a quality product. If its something that's going to spend most of its l life sitting on a shelf, or your only going to use it once, then there MAY be room to cut some corners. With regards to chainsaws, buying a brand new Stihl just because it says Stihl on the name plate when you're just going to clean up a few limbs in the yard every few years or so, or cut some firewood for an occasional campfire is a waste of money. Then again, its your money so use it however you like.

Good advice.

Also good to know, that even if you overbuy say a Stihl...Husky etc., and use it only occasionally. it will (most times if maintained) start and as perform as intended. Then whenever you decide you no longer need it, much easier to sell and get a decent return on your investment with name brands. Can't really say the same about Farmertec or even Harbour Freight offerings, to name a couple.

Always good to know your equipment will run and perform when you need it right here and now without having to fix something before use.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles
I guess it's a crapshoot I have a G372 Holtzfforma That I have been using for five or six years I have not replaced a single part and it runs well
Sort of similar to buying a replacement carb from Amazon. Could be just fine but then it could be a turd too. Myself, I prefer to not buy any Chinese made stuff though today that is almost an impossibility.

Many commented similar to yours. I didn't see anything wrong myself and took his word that he knows how a winch works. He had nothing to gain by not recommending the HF. IDK. Only thing I'll say is that if one breaks bring it back and get a new one. I don't have one, only one I've used was a Warn.
This is the same Wranglestar that sliced the crap out of his finger by doing something stupid with a sharp pocket knife, and then proceeded to make a video blaming the pocket knife right???

Cody looked like he didn't tighten the winch down to the mount properly in that video. Too many other folks who abuse those winches day in and day out in a commercial setting and have zero issues for me to believe Wranglerstar.
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that IRL, but Wranglerstar impresses me as a real doofus and genuine Nancy much of the time...my hunch is that he grew up either an only child or one without any brothers...I also suspect that he could break a bowling ball without working up a sweat.

I pays to keep an eye out on market place and the like. I got a dolmar 5105 for 50 bucks. Not running. Turns out it had a non adjustable carb and the top end was starting to burn up. Tried to clean the cylinder but found a chip in the plating. I’d almost given up finding a decent price top end for it. Then pop an Oem one comes up on eBay. So after shipping and taxes I got it for 175 bucks, 1/2 price of the dealerships. So I put the top end on it, I’m going to muffle mod it. I also found a new carb that’s adjustable for 86 after shipping. The dealer wants 260 for their new carb. So I’ll probably be into it for 320 bucks and it will be basically a new saw. I had a good relationship with my one local dealer, he has since sold the business, I would get good deals on “junk” that was to expensive to fix. So I guy can end up with a decent brand name saw if he is patient

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that IRL, but Wranglerstar impresses me as a real doofus and genuine Nancy much of the time...my hunch is that he grew up either an only child or one without any brothers...I also suspect that he could break a bowling ball without working up a sweat.

The one that lost me was when he claimed men and women couldn't be friends without romantic entanglements popping up. I unsubscribed. Don't try and make sweeping statements about everyone based on your own weaknesses and desires.

The one that lost me was when he claimed men and women couldn't be friends without romantic entanglements popping up. I unsubscribed. Don't try and make sweeping statements about everyone based on your own weaknesses and desires.
You ever had a female friend you didn't want to bang?lol.

So I post this as a warning to all who are contemplating purchasing a Chinese saw, be very very careful. Have all of your ducks in a row, test that thing extensively as soon as you get it so you don't avoid the Ebay or Amazon safety net. And if you do not, at least do what i read about a few weeks ago, purchase the Allstate warranty on Ebay or Amazon for your saw, its only i htink $18 for 2 years. At least form what i read on there, they are great about replacing the defective items.
Everyone should boycott any counterfeit junk from China, I hope others will learn from your mistakes.

Back