Fast Tach issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The replacement tach arrived today but I didn't have time to test it with any of my saws. I did try it with my backpack blower and while it's much better than the previous one, it still resets. It seems that once it locks on to a signal, any movement causes it to reset.

Bottom line, I think the old one was too sensitive and this one may not be sensitive enough. Tomorrow I should be able to try it with a saw or 3. Maybe I just need to adjust the way I use it.

The replacement tach arrived today but I didn't have time to test it with any of my saws. I did try it with my backpack blower and while it's much better than the previous one, it still resets. It seems that once it locks on to a signal, any movement causes it to reset.

Bottom line, I think the old one was too sensitive and this one may not be sensitive enough. Tomorrow I should be able to try it with a saw or 3. Maybe I just need to adjust the way I use it.
NO...!! - You should NOT have to adjust the way you you use it. - There's something still wrong with the tach.

I worked in QC/QA for a major company..and you just have to realize that units are tested BUT NOT every unit.

Most things are made in "batches".."lots"...soo...where there's one bad...there's likely more units involved.

Did you buy this 'unit' from Edge and Engine..if so..make them aware and I assure you your problem will be resolved..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Did you buy this 'unit' from Edge and Engine..if so..make them aware and I assure you your problem will be resolved..!!
I did buy it from E&E but since I've been dealing directly with the manufacturer should I still contact E&E about the problem?

I'd contact E&E. My unit is pretty stable on 2T and rock solid on 4T. Sorry you have a dud dude.

I did buy it from E&E but since I've been dealing directly with the manufacturer should I still contact E&E about the problem?
Yes..absolutely..!! - I think the dude's name is Kyle (??)...these guys want you happy and Not lose a customer.

They should be made aware of your problems...I would have gone to them first..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I to got a bad one. It figures this thread started the day after I ordered mine. It wouldn't even display all 4 zeros or the one. Doesn't seem like the QC dept was working that day. I just sent in today and we'll see what happens.

Jeremy

I received mine back today from DTI. They claimed the found no problem with the one I sent in. They did send me a new unit and the LCD seems to be displaying correctly. I give it a work out this weekend and see how it does.

Jeremy

Dit you tried using it with a wire?
I have used mine with a wire and it seems more stable. However, it really defeats the convenience of a "wireless" tach, especially with a chainsaw.

While mine isn't perfect, or as good as some of the older models seem to be, I've learned to live with it for my purposes. As with everything in life, things change, and not always for the better.

Latest posts

Back