Favorite Firewood saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihltech,
If you are getting wood at $40 a cord then I'll be right over. It would be worth me trucking it. Sorry to bust on you but most people around here think a 16"x4'x8' is a cord. I ran into this problem when I was buying wood for this year. I finnally told the guy point me to the pile and let me at it. I was pulling a full cord plus out a night.... but I cheated with my 3120KD and backed it up with a 036CC Pro :D . I still need to get wood but its time to hunt (if this wind ever dies down).

Later,
Chris

Well I saw 4 deer in one field, 3 deer in the next field and one Hungry dear when I got home. Oops spent too much time at someones saws shop. mmm I wonder who's??

Later,
Chris

:D My favorite firewood saw is one some of you will probably laugh at, but I love this little saw, it is a real screamer, my 025.
I use it 90% of the time for limbing and small stuff and then I whip out my 044 for the big stuff.:Monkey:

I had an 036, 026 and 020T but all of that got stolen the first of the year. So, I had to start over and the most bang for the buck was the Husky 365xp, husky 242xp, and the 200T. Actually, the 365 pulls a bit stronger than the 036 and the 242 is a bit slower than the 026.

Dan

My girlfriends favorite firewood saw is everyones favorite a 029S with a 18" bar and some of the green junk chain :rolleyes: .Personally I have been using my 064 lately :D

Later Rob..

i slapped a 20'' bar on the 066G today and made some homeowner pi$$ his pants when he saw how fast it cut through 16-18'' oak:laugh:

An 066 is a lot of fun cutting big (24-30) old oak here in Texas. Like it a lot for cutting up trees 15" an up. Have a MS310 for most of the other things I need to cut. When I need a reminder just how good the STIHL saws are I have a PULAN from Sears.

I have figured out that the worst day cutting with my STIHL saws is better than the best day sitting in front of a computer.

Hal

Well I like the 120si and 116si, but my Dad wore out several super wiz 66's and a super wiz 55 , but when I got out of the Army in 91 he had switched to stihl and a few dolmar's I remember the day I went to the stihl dealer to get a bar and chain for the 028 he was using at the time, the UPS made a delivery and the stihl dealer almost lost his mind. Inside the box were 2 036 stihl's. The dealer said they were the first ones he had received and was not suposed to sell them till a certain date. Well if he was BS'ing me it worked I traded in the 028 and gave him the difference,he gave me 200.00 trade in. My dad likes these better than anything,just because he could get parts anywhere almost and the weight was right. He is 71 years old now and goes out everyday and cuts 1 1/2 cords ,loads in on his dodge and is home in time for lunch,takes a break,farts around and splits it in the late afternoon,sometimes he doesn't get it stacked though. AND YES I KNOW WHAT A CORD OF WOOD IS, 128 CUBIT FEET (4'X4'X8') but in texas we cut it 2',so our cord is 2'X4'X16' and my dad sells it for 150.00 a cord oak or mesquite. I went back in the army and will return in Jan 08

I used my Homie XL for firewood needs until the plastic gas tank wore through.

Now I use whatever is closest to the door of the shed..usually the WIld Thing, its lightweight, easy to start, Idles well, and has plenty of power for the 18" bar. Its also easy on gas.

When the XL gets a new tank...back into service she goes!

firewood saw

small less than 18"s 260 pro 20" bar full skip chain 3/4 wrap
large more than 18''s 460 husky 24" bar full skip
:greenchainsaw:

fire wood saw

zenoaha komatsu red max #621 work port (by me ) my fire wood crews follow me all over the woods with these . the y use and flat , abuse them. very very light, consistent running saws hold up well in the hands of those who dont give a damn. i pay my fire wood , crews by the cord not the hour , so these things get used hard. and at 40.1 mix using red line oil they flat hold up to hard wood demands. i run 16 inch 3/8 .50 gauge loops on them at 13.800 rpm and have had great results. they also are very nice stock, mid range saws. my guys also love the dolmar ps,5100s however it requires more tuning for the days condition and is a little more tempermental , than most. pretty pumped in stock trim though dolmar has done a great job with it. in my opinion anyway. red max has sold there two cycle development to husky who has been after there blueprints for quite some time . for good reason they make great reliable power.

Latest posts

Back