Favorite Firewood saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago it was my poulan 2300 CVA. [ I have tried and tried but I CAN'T kill this thing]:angry:
then it was my father-in-laws Craftsman 3.3.
Now it is my 441. :rock:
If I could only split it as fast as I can cut it I would be in and out of the woods in almost no time.

If I only had one saw to run for firewood, I guess it would be the ms361. I however prefer running two saws when cutting firewood, my 353 and 7900 get most of the work. If you have a 50cc and a 70+cc saw, I don't think there is much need for a 361. But if I were going to run one saw and only one saw, the 361 would be it.
attachment.php

Andy,
No kidding about your 361 not getting work. That thing looks unused!:) But you make an excellent point. If you have light saw for limbing and a big-boy saw for felling and bucking, then there's no need for the 361. That's exactly where I think I'll end up, so I may put the tres-seis-uno up for sale and use the money for a good wood-hauling trailer.

Any saw I can get my two sons to use!!! LOL.

For me its my 15 year old Husky 55 with grey top and 18" bar. Cuts like crazy!! Love that saw.

Al

The Mighty Poulan Pro

My favorite firewood saw is still my:laugh:46cc Poulan. I have been on a 3 year mission to kill this saw. I originally got it to cut elm saplings in a 14" space between a fence and a house. It cost me a whopping 89.99 from N.T. I ported the crap out of it and gutted the muffler around 30 tanks ago. I also cut flathead slots in the funny adjuster screws. It lives in the truck bed and receives NO maintenance, I even dump the questionable gas out of my good saws into it. It is still the slowest saw in the arsenal but it JUST WONT DIE.

I used my Homie XL for firewood needs until the plastic gas tank wore through.

Now I use whatever is closest to the door of the shed..usually the WIld Thing, its lightweight, easy to start, Idles well, and has plenty of power for the 18" bar. Its also easy on gas.

When the XL gets a new tank...back into service she goes!

:monkey: is he serious? mine is easy on gas too....most things that wont run are

Last edited:
:monkey: is he serious? mine is easy on gas too....most things that wont run are

Some people just cant handle a Wild Thing...

I love mine, its never given me a reason to dislike it.

Mine runs fine, I take care of it.

MS290 , if I had the money , It would be a STIHL 361 or a Husqvarna 372

truckmods046.jpg

it turned all this
truckmods042.jpg

into this
misc201.jpg

Husky 372, J-red 2171, Stihl 460, Stihl 440. I like them all about the same, there seems to be a give and take between favorable characteristics of each.

I too am on a mission to kill my Poulan 2150, I think it is. Gutted the muffler, I should port that bada$$.

Last edited:
Dokmar 5100

Mind you, up to this point it was hand me down mart brand saws and axes.
So running the 5100 is like a dream.

fire wood saw

Over the years, Homelite 150 then Homelite Super EZ for long time till I met up with a Homelite 330, love the 330, a little heavier than the Super EZ but a tad more cubes and anti vibe, all around good fire wood saw. Got two of them now.

Back