felling large white pine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
this is one of the trees in my last video. you can hear the homeowner in the beginning saying we where going to hit a pile of logs. he thought we measured wrong and it wouldn't fit in his yard. to the left, the yard was surrounded by a privacy fence. we set a pepsi bottle on one of the pads as a target. it got hit but unfortunately it didn't explode.

felling large white pine - YouTube

I saw your video and tree was looking really very big good decision to cut it.

Yeah, those damn things keep growing, I always feel that if it is growing and it gets big, that it needs to go, how dare they get that big ya know, I mean, why would anybody want a big tree, they block the sun and fill the air with lots of oxygen, total Ahole those big trees are. I say lets cut down all trees over 25 ft right!

:jester: WTF OVER?

Nice drop Mike, ya Murphed that tree for sure. You should rename your vid, Extreme Precision Felling, oh wait..............

this is one of the trees in my last video. you can hear the homeowner in the beginning saying we where going to hit a pile of logs. he thought we measured wrong and it wouldn't fit in his yard. to the left, the yard was surrounded by a privacy fence. we set a pepsi bottle on one of the pads as a target. it got hit but unfortunately it didn't explode.

felling large white pine - YouTube

Nice shot !

Yeah, those damn things keep growing, I always feel that if it is growing and it gets big, that it needs to go, how dare they get that big ya know, I mean, why would anybody want a big tree, they block the sun and fill the air with lots of oxygen, total Ahole those big trees are. I say lets cut down all trees over 25 ft right!

:jester: WTF OVER?

Nice drop Mike, ya Murphed that tree for sure. You should rename your vid, Extreme Precision Felling, oh wait..............

I do feel guilty removing healthy trees. usually the homeowner didn't maintain the tree or mostly just planted the wrong tree. this family moved into the situation and there where tree sized stems growing over the house. it would have been an awesome forest or park tree.

i'll let murph do the extreme felling. i'll stick to just being happy I didn't take out the house.

I do feel guilty removing healthy trees. usually the homeowner didn't maintain the tree or mostly just planted the wrong tree. this family moved into the situation and there where tree sized stems growing over the house. it would have been an awesome forest or park tree.

i'll let murph do the extreme felling. i'll stick to just being happy I didn't take out the house.

Its good that u feel guilty, I do too. However, if the HO is determined to remove it, if not you, it will be someone else. When I bid jobs that they want removal on a otherwise healthy nice tree, I investigate why, if the reason is bogus or just do to bad info about trees, I try to re-educate and talk them into pruning. Often this works and I end up with a repeat client. Once its gone, ya can never work it again, so in a effort of job security, try to preach the goods of keeping it around. If they are not interested in that, then go ahead and kill it. If you dont, someone else will. Better that you make the coin, not them.

Last edited:
that's my mentality. most healthy trees I remove are too large and make the customer nervous or they are tired of cleaning up after them.

Back