File, file and more file.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
working construction we know we can drive a nail in a tree as a referance point for grade and it will never change .

Maybe it's not the tree that is "growing up" but that the observer is shrinking.....

There is a tricycle growing in a crotch thirty five feet up; back wheels out the back, front wheel out the front-- Frame almost completely buried. I think the old oak grew up thru the trike.

A branch grew through the frame.

You can believe what you wish but trees grow taller from the top, not the bottom.

Harry K

Thirty five feet up in the old oak is the top of the tree. I didn't say the tricycle was in the bottom of the tree.

I've got a 440 Truck motor out in my garage. It was a fencerow find complete with Mulberry Tree growing thru the motor mount and up out the hood. You could spin the front driver's side tire. The farmer was pretty sure he hadn't parked it that way. It wasn't on jack stands. Vague generalization will only get you so far. When you box yourself in with belief, you make yourself sterile. In your case that's OK.

I don't care why or how the trike got in the tree: but I can attest to the fact that many cold Budweisers, Stags, Old Styles, Falstaffs, PBR and Millers have been turned upside down during the speculation process. And that's what really matters.

working construction we know we can drive a nail in a tree as a referance point for grade and it will never change .

We use a laser.

In this particular case trollingwood is what a person with more mouth than experience is cutting.

In my case, it's Oak. It's going down today. All things considered, I won't dull four chains in the process. That comes with experience.

What was this thread about?

I found these horse shoes inside a Gumtree.:msp_mad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back