Finally! A cordless chainsaw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone see significant gains modding the muffler?

I'd be interested in trying one of these. It might turn out good for trimming my dad's apple trees. Most of the time he's cutting branches that are 1/2" - 2" in size.

Battery powered chainsaws aren't new, though, are they? I sharpened a chain on one about a year ago, I believe it was McCulloch branded.

I'd be interested in trying one of these. It might turn out good for trimming my dad's apple trees. Most of the time he's cutting branches that are 1/2" - 2" in size.

Maybe you don't want that one in particuliar. The one in the picture has that quality Chinese plastic look. LOL

attachment.php

Piped cordless has been around for a while....

It doesn't say "cordLESS", it says "cord FREE". So you get the cord for free.

Edit: it also says cord LESS power - so you get the cord but with less power.

All my stuff has cords on it. I have to pull them a bunch of times to get the motor to spin around and go bzzzzzzz.

Last edited:
Don't you guys know about hand saws?

They've been around for hundreds of years.:)

Yup. A handsaw would cut through 1/2-2" limbs before you can locate the battery pack on that cordless saw. And a Silky costs way less.

Don't you guys know about hand saws?

They've been around for hundreds of years.:)

Yeah, that's what we use now. Of course, I also know about two man saws and axes, but I still use a chainsaw to drop trees.

Back