finally bought me an 880 just need a bar and mill now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porky616

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
bought me an 880 off fleabay for $1800 aud brand new never used. i been saving for a while to buy it now ive got it time to save for a mill. any aussie blokes got a mill they are thinking of selling let me know i would be very interested. ive got a few trees lined up to mill, between 30" and 45" so i would need the large mill. anyone now where to get big bars at a good price i dont want to ask my local stihl dealer, took me 20mins last week to explain my square chain but thats a whole other story. any help would be much appreciated, cheers aaron

Check out baileys link up top. I would look at using 3/8 chain if possible, ibn lengths you are looking fore that may require getting a 404 bar with replacable tip and putting on a 3/8 tip.

404 rips a wide kerf sucking up lots of HP and blowing lots of good wood into dust. On big logs like that 3/8 will yield an couple boards out of a log.

Check out the milling forum here on AS. BobL from Australia always has good posts with pictures, and lots of experience.

Back