Finally 'got er done'!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, so much for my $300 to $400 tommy lift box. Ended up having to go with a Harsh hoist but man will this dude lift. It's rated at 2.5 tons and the pump is electric. Lot faster than pto running the pump. Maybe I can get a chance to try it out this weekend. This pic isnt too good but will get a better one with the digital. I think if i put 2' sides it will be good enough.
Dumpbed.jpg

Awesome... ram, mount, and switch closeups ??? :monkey:

Very cool Buck. We put a similar setup on a F250. The electric hoist was super easy to install. For that application I think its the best way to go. Nice job.:clap:

Here's some pics of my trucks. I have a set of 2' and a set of 4' plywood sides that I put on for hauling firewood. The yellow truck has a slide in dump insert on it, I have 2' extentions for it also. After having a flatbed I would never go back to a plain truck again. Working on a dump trailer in my spare time.
http://www.************/showthread.php?t=251016

Love the dump bed. Good work, Any particular reason why you didn't just use the pump on the truck? Might have been few hundred cheaper. Also I would suggest dextron, as opposed to regular hydralic oil. It stays thinner on the really cold days. And those pumps are hard on the motors anyway. Cool pickup, mines a real Pile. Could you get a close up of the mount-to-frame for me? I'm lookin at useing a old haywagon lift Should be able to stand up to almost 90 degrees. But mines gonna be in a trailer. :cheers:

Love the dump bed. Good work, Any particular reason why you didn't just use the pump on the truck? Might have been few hundred cheaper. Also I would suggest dextron, as opposed to regular hydralic oil. It stays thinner on the really cold days. And those pumps are hard on the motors anyway. Cool pickup, mines a real Pile. Could you get a close up of the mount-to-frame for me? I'm lookin at useing a old haywagon lift Should be able to stand up to almost 90 degrees. But mines gonna be in a trailer. :cheers:
There wasnt a pump on the truck. If i bought a pto it would have been more expensive. This raises higher than i will ever need it. I'll get better pics today. Thanks all for the compliments. I'll get it painted some day. I used to restore model A's so this wont be too hard. lol

There wasnt a pump on the truck. If i bought a pto it would have been more expensive. This raises higher than i will ever need it. I'll get better pics today. Thanks all for the compliments. I'll get it painted some day. I used to restore model A's so this wont be too hard. lol

No, I meant the powersteering pump circut. Unless it doesn't have power steering(which would truly suck).

Latest posts

Back