Finally 'got er done'!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cmetalbend......hows this? $10 :clap:

sidelatch.jpg

Now, that's more like it. LMAO and I figured you'd use a clip off your three point arms, Cinch, is that what there called? you funny guy:clap: funny funny funny. He'll be here all night folks.

Ok fine, i'll get some cinch pins then! lol I got the tail gate built yesterday. Now all i have to do is figure the install for it. I have to deliver a full cord Sunday, 35 miles. Its going to be above full but i think i can get it all on it.

Last edited:
Ok fine, i'll get some cinch pins then! lol I got the tail gate built yesterday. Now all i have to do is figure the install for it. I have to deliver a full cord Sunday, 35 miles. Its going to be above full but i think i can get it all on it.

Might be alittle late, but can you make a drop in, like a tailgate on a haywagon. Couldn't weigh that much you could use your flip latch system again at the corners. Might upgrade to 20's Hahahahahahaha for strenght though.:poke:

Might be alittle late, but can you make a drop in, like a tailgate on a haywagon. Couldn't weigh that much you could use your flip latch system again at the corners. Might upgrade to 20's Hahahahahahaha for strenght though.:poke:
Yea, you are a little too late. Thats what i made Thurs afternoon. Couldnt install it yesterday, had to take the hauler back to have them re-do the hinges at the back. I'll get it fitted today hopefully. I'm hoping the 10 pry 265/65/16's will hold up! Should find out Sunday.

I can tell ya on our old 3/4's they were under quite a load just with the factory bed and a heaped up (tossed in load). But then again my 3/4 has one H.E. double hockey sticks of a heavy steel flatbed with the usual hydralics, and we'll add a 2000 pounds hay bale to that. 10ply's are a must. Was that a ton truck by chance? Might want to consider Helper springs. Seriously I think anymore mine is being held by the helpers more than then originals. So what happend to the hinges?

I can tell ya on our old 3/4's they were under quite a load just with the factory bed and a heaped up (tossed in load). But then again my 3/4 has one H.E. double hockey sticks of a heavy steel flatbed with the usual hydralics, and we'll add a 2000 pounds hay bale to that. 10ply's are a must. Was that a ton truck by chance? Might want to consider Helper springs. Seriously I think anymore mine is being held by the helpers more than then originals. So what happend to the hinges?

Oh nothing happened to them. I just wanted to check out everything so i took the cotter pin and the washer off of the pin for the hinge. Hmmm....hole not round! They fixed it!
I might eventually end up putting anothere spring or two but i'll see what it looks like tomorrow after over filling it. I think i have a pic of the thing done enough for tomorrows trial run. I'll get it posted.

Here is our first cord ready for delivery. Handled it just fine. Customer was happy which is what we want. It was about 70 miles round trip.
Bigload.jpg

Latest posts

Back