Finally got my firewooding saw box put together!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
Reaction score
I've been meaning to put together a saw box for awhile now that is ready to go at a moments notice. Something that I could grab off the shelf along with the saw and gas/oil and be ready to cut. Well after checking in with Harbor Freight, Lowes, and Tractor Supply and not finding exactly what I wanted, I had an epiphany and decided to use one of my longstanding current tool boxes. The upside being that now I have an excuse to get a better tool cabinet to hold what was in the box :D

Anyways, there's still a few things I want to add, and I do want to find better containers for my chains than reusing the plastic packaging they came in. But this should be a good start:

Only thing I had to modify was one plastic rib to make a compartment bigger to hold the extra air filter. Propane torch and a utility knife made quick work of that.

IMG00305-20090312-0141Medium.jpg

Bottom will hold chains, wedges, extra oil, and of course the almighty WD40

IMG00308-20090312-0149Medium.jpg

Lower basket is for all my misc crap like different pin rims, plugs, spare rope, bar nuts, and tach

IMG00309-20090312-0149Medium.jpg

Top basket has my assorted files, junk gullet files, handles, extra screnches, and tuning screwdrivers

IMG00310-20090312-0150Medium.jpg

IMG00312-20090312-0151Medium.jpg

I'm sure I'll end up adding more clutter, but my basics should be pretty well clutter and it's gonna make my loading in the morning a whole lot quicker!

And fwiw, the first aid kit is always in the truck, as is my stihl half ax.

Alright dingeryote, your turn! I know you got spark plugs rolling around the front of your truck that want a home :popcorn:

Looks good. Nice and organized. I use a gatemouth bag and it is nice to have all the accessories in one spot and ready to go.

Looking good. Only needs two things to be like mine, an old paint brush to clean around fill caps and a slurry of saw chips and mixing oil in the bottom.

Nice application of using what you have. I use an old Husky carry bag, always have to dig around in it and sometimes can't find what I KNOW is in there......Lanny:clap:

Last edited:
Wow, That puts my 5 gal bucket to shame. :yourock:

Brian

lol, I use an old gym bag... It's only good feature is that I can just place in on the rear rack of the atv and it won't slide off, no tie down needed...
I have the very same toolbox though as Nuzzy filled with my old bike parts that I'll never use. Hmmm... :monkey:

Looks pretty similar to what I've got, only thing I did to mine was paint it Hi-Viz orange. That way when I set it down out in the woods I can find it, hopefully before I back over it with the truck.

Looking good. Only needs two things to be like mine, an old paint brush to clean around fill caps and a slurry of saw chips and mixing oil in the bottom.

:D And thanks for reminding me about the old brush! Gotta throw one in there.

Nice. Need to add a T-27 and you are good to go!

Got one on the bigger scrench top basket and a spare currently resting under the extra air filter :clap:

I have the very same toolbox though as Nuzzy filled with my old bike parts that I'll never use. Hmmm... :monkey:

Hahahahahhahahha! This used to be my dad and my's old bike toolbox back when we road all the time!

I bet there's a T-27 on the end of that long scrench. Looks good nuzzy.:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

You're goooood. Bingo. :D

There's one small PPE that I didn't see in there: a first aid kit. Ideally you should have something in your pocket but carrying it in your saw box is better than nothing. Yeah, I know, nobody ever gets hurt in the woods.... until they do.

Shari

There's one small PPE that I didn't see in there: a first aid kit. Ideally you should have something in your pocket but carrying it in your saw box is better than nothing. Yeah, I know, nobody ever gets hurt in the woods.... until they do.

Shari

;)

And fwiw, the first aid kit is always in the truck, as is my stihl half ax.

The saw box will always be staying with my truck anyways. On the rare occasion I venture further away into the woods, the only things I carry are saw, gas/oil, file pack, a few wedges, and my axe. (Wearing helmet and usually chaps)

Latest posts

Back