Finally joined the stihl club....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffmalvern

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a stihl saw as my firewood business has become bigger, and moved to some felling work as well. Today I got two off craigslist... let me know how I did.

Stihl 028 woodboss, 18" bar, just serviced and tuned up by local stihl dealer with new stihl RSC chain. Well used saw, but engine rebuilt about 10 hours ago by dealer. New sprocket. Bar is ok, but could stand to be replaed. $50

Stihl 009, new 14" rolomatic bar and chain, just serviced and tuned up by local stihl dealer, very little use. $75

Both start within 2 pulls cold, first pull when warm. No, they aren't 066's, but it's a step in the right direction.

I've been wanting to get a stihl saw as my firewood business has become bigger, and moved to some felling work as well. Today I got two off craigslist... let me know how I did.

Stihl 028 woodboss, 18" bar, just serviced and tuned up by local stihl dealer with new stihl RSC chain. Well used saw, but engine rebuilt about 10 hours ago by dealer. New sprocket. Bar is ok, but could stand to be replaed. $50

Stihl 009, new 14" rolomatic bar and chain, just serviced and tuned up by local stihl dealer, very little use. $75

Both start within 2 pulls cold, first pull when warm. No, they aren't 066's, but it's a step in the right direction.
Its not a club, its a cult. With that said, Welcome to the cult!!!!!

AOD you are no longer a member of the club.
Tough Love.

That doesn't really bother me as long as theres a Husky/Poulan/Homelite club for me to go to.

My Stihl dealer is a complete a$$. I am never going to give him one red cent. The trouble is he is also the Echo and Toro dealer so I need to get an occasional part from him.

The JD dealer isn't much better.

hehehehehehe

Tired?, quite to the contrary. For it is the aura of the chainsaw that is the source of energy.

This is true.........:cry: +:chainsaw: = :hmm3grin2orange:

The above is the simplified version of the equation known as the "Bliss Factor."

Oh, my 009 is a very reliable little reed valve popper. At idle, it sounds like little firecrackers. If I had a firewood business, I'd be using an 044 or MS 361, I think

Very Joseph Campbell ish.....or maybe Susuki..........or Gypo.........

Or, I believe quite appropriate for AS, Joseph Conrad. After all, if it wasn't for Heart of Darkeness, Francis Ford Cappola would be more famous as a wine maker than as a creative movie director.

Last edited:
I had read "Heart of Darkness" after seeing "Lord Jim" with my dad. When I saw Copplla's film it seemed as if I'd seen something like this.........the details seemed to stick out. I do a lot of things in a different order.

Latest posts

Back