Finally picked up a 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prerequisite for 500i owner ship is the wcs clutch cover. As much as i love the 3/4 wrap i can do without it.

Its nice have one saw with a full wrap and its partner a half wrap for laying on its side cutting in the dirt.

Prerequisite for 500i owner ship is the wcs clutch cover. As much as i love the 3/4 wrap i can do without it.
Its nice have one saw with a full wrap and its partner a half wrap for laying on its side cutting in the dirt.
Definitely thinking ill end up with the wcs clutch cover. Only have one saw with a 1/2 wrap whichs my 036 and i like it as is. But everything bigger 3/4 or full since they falling saws

Congrats on the 500I. I purchased one last fall. Finally getting used to it and its own quirks. You'll see it come to life after about 10 tanks of fuel and settle down.
One of my early complaints was getting covered with chip discharge when felling large ash trees, 2-3' in diameter,100+' tall. I too recently put a Stihl 462R cover and dogs on mine but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I know many love the WCS covers, but it isn't for me.
I would love to hear your take on the 462R's cover application on your 500I.

Thats a weird line up.
Whats the grungy saw above the water. 661

A nearly unused 66 462 two 500s a grungy thing and top handle muffler ports bouncing off the tree drives me batshit crazy.

Wtf up with tree people. Lol how my mind works

Thats a weird line up.
Whats the grungy saw above the water. 661

A nearly unused 66 462 two 500s a grungy thing and top handle muffler ports bouncing off the tree drives me batshit crazy.

Wtf up with tree people. Lol how my mind works
The 066 is very well used just looks nice. Grungy thing a 362 we found in a burn pile. Ugly 661 was a failed dye by a builder. Top handles a 201t. Most of my saws look decent cause i like them being nice. But the crew saws yeah they get used.

Im really digging the 661 die job thats baddass

Since i cant leave anything alone with out some kind of a mod. I bought the eagon hole shot and 3 point dogs when i bought the saw. Definitely looks good.

Attachments

• 20230120_204215.jpg
    20230120_204215.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
I dyed mine as well, added max flow...looks like Darth Vader lol.

IMG_20221118_182707691.jpg.20756b685bb97a1f084ff057f42986ac.jpg

After ran the 500i today for some tree removal decide i had to get a full wrap and the larger clutch cover with bigger dogs.
Please post a link with the dogs. Need those for my 500. Leaving tomorrow for the ranch to go and cut out a lot of storm damage. Not pretty. Long bar on the 500I and a shorter one on the old Echo 670 (27in), Stihl HT 134 and the SRM 410x fitted with the big Stihl weed knife!

Extra bars, chains and sprockets and a few gallons of Aspen 2 I should be good.

Latest posts

Back