finished the woodshed (sort of)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnnylabguy
Hey! it actually worked!

And to think I only wasted two hours to figure it out! Easy Peasy!:clap:

A little follow up now that the pics went thru. I actually just built on the lean-to recently and sided the whole shed to make the wife happy(it did need at least some paint). The "sort of" in the posting is because I haven't finished the back side of the shed that only the deer and soybeans see. I'll try and post a pic so you can get an idea of what the before photo would look like.

P.S. Don't go fallin' in love with that HUGE wood hauling trailer... she's all mine! It holds a whopping third of a cord everytime!

Butch(OH)

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
P.S. Don't go fallin' in love with that HUGE wood hauling trailer... she's all mine!

Must be an Ohio thing? we have one just like it, LOL

johnnylabguy
yeah, I just got the truck a month ago so its nice to have an old beater trailer to throw wood in without worrying about dents in new sheetmetal! An added bonus is I made a makeshift playpen in the pickup bed for the 18 month old son by throwing a blanket down and some toys! I actually managed to get 2 trailer loads that way. If any of you remember/know what 2 yr olds are like, that's an impressive feat!

strongback

strongback

ArboristSite Operative
I used to let mine play in the trucks too. Until I got a manual. <20min after picking up my f150 my 3ish son pops the P-brake and it rolled into one of my other vehicles. I should have known better but it was my first manual vehicle since having kids and since I was accustomed to letting them play in the vehicles it just didn't occur to me that he would release the parking brake.

aandabooks

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
I used to let mine play in the trucks too. Until I got a manual. <20min after picking up my f150 my 3ish son pops the P-brake and it rolled into one of my other vehicles. I should have known better but it was my first manual vehicle since having kids and since I was accustomed to letting them play in the vehicles it just didn't occur to me that he would release the parking brake.

Haven't had that happen but it never ceases to amaze me what a little hindsight would prevent with kids. I've got a 10, 7 and 4 year old. One or more of them is always headed for some kind of trouble.

johnnylabguy
I was worried about putting siding on the sides because of air restriction but the open section faces the south where there is nothing but open fields for the wind to howl across(which it does in the winter, hence the wood heat in the first place!).

I just bought 2 6x8 canvas tarps to hang down off the front to keep the winter snow and rains off of the piles. I was actually contemplating buying some of those 8' long bamboo blinds people hang outside for shade but decided they wouldn't hold up. They would be great to let airflow through but still keep a lot of the elements off the wood, not to mention they could easily be rolled up. Some of those you could pick up at home depot for $15. (Man, those people in China work cheap!). I just don't think they would last long in the winter.

mga

wandering
I was worried about putting siding on the sides because of air restriction but the open section faces the south where there is nothing but open fields for the wind to howl across(which it does in the winter, hence the wood heat in the first place!).

I just bought 2 6x8 canvas tarps to hang down off the front to keep the winter snow and rains off of the piles. I was actually contemplating buying some of those 8' long bamboo blinds people hang outside for shade but decided they wouldn't hold up. They would be great to let airflow through but still keep a lot of the elements off the wood, not to mention they could easily be rolled up. Some of those you could pick up at home depot for $15. (Man, those people in China work cheap!). I just don't think they would last long in the winter.

actually, they hold up pretty good if you can find the plastic bamboo ones. the only thing that eventually rots is the strings. but, it takes a couple years. i used them for shade for a long time on the back patio.

LTREES

LTREES

ArboristSite Operative
I like the gutters. I have none on mine. I can see the line on the ground from the rain. would be nice to have gutters, but I refuse to side it (neighbor suggested it) I got nice barn board all the way around it, and he wants vinyl. Too bad:buttkick:

KsWoodsMan

KsWoodsMan

Addicted to ArboristSite
I figure if they are going to offer the suggestion I will allow then to offer the material. I can find enough ways to spend my money I sure don't need someone else spending it for me too.

Nice job BTW.

dsm382

dsm382

ArboristSite Operative
yeah, I just got the truck a month ago so its nice to have an old beater trailer to throw wood in without worrying about dents in new sheetmetal! An added bonus is I made a makeshift playpen in the pickup bed for the 18 month old son by throwing a blanket down and some toys! I actually managed to get 2 trailer loads that way. If any of you remember/know what 2 yr olds are like, that's an impressive feat!
yes, yes i do :D
although some may frown on it but a portable DVD player is the only way to go....
we purchased it for i think $120 about 6yrs ago for a trip to Nashville TN and it's the best money i everspent.

now she is starting to read so momma and baby will read some in the back on a trip but toss a couple movies in (oh and a quad cab helps, SOOOO much more room, wish we had got the mega cab) and your good to go for two days of cutting 4 loads of firewood. :D

kalliereadysmall.jpg

Last edited:
hickslawns

hickslawns

ArboristSite Member
I found when my daughter was an infant the subtle vibrations of a diesel can keep a baby sleeping for hours. I always checked on her about every 5-10min, but the diesel rocked her to sleep many times. She is now 7 and my boy is 4. Hard part with him is keeping track of him. In the bed, through the rear slider, out the door (or window), climbing on the trailer, on the wood pile, in the bobcat, now onto the tractor. . . I think I need to get some sorta tracking device or leash for him. lol At least something that beeps when he is within 20 feet or farther than 80feet away. lol