Fire Ants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retired redneck

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Worked on stihl weed eater about a mounth ago ran fine, uses it around his miget race track.he told me it would not start now, i went and got it took it to my shop put it on my bench primed it it started ran about 20 seconds died you won't beleave this ... about 2 or 3 hundred fire ants boiled out of it luckey i had spray can in shop, carb full mufflar full had to clean carb took compresser blowed out p/c they just flew out of mufflar. runs good now anyone had this happen to them???????

Been there, done that

Several years ago a guy brought me a Suzuki Quadsport that had been sitting for a couple of years and needed the carb cleaned on it. I soaked the carb out and got it all back together, fired it up and mice had packed the pipe full of dry dog food, it must have blown 2 lbs of dog food all over the shop when it started - very funny!

I also had a guy bring me a CR250 Honda one time, said it ran fine when he parked it but he could'nt get it started. A mouse had chewed through the air filter, built a nest and had babies... He pulled the bike with his truck trying to get it started and sucked all the little baby mice into the motor. Some were stuck in the reed cage and others had been sucked down into the bottom end. I had to split the cases to get it all cleaned up, what a stinking, nasty mess that was!

So yes, stuff like that is pretty common

Tried to get an old swamp buggy going years ago. It had a model A Ford engine in it. It had been sitting at least 10 years. My grandpa and I worked on it and once we got the motor unstuck, it started blowing nest material out the exhaust manifold for about 1/4 mile of pulling. They had that crap in it so tight that it was the primary reason the motor was stuck. Neat little buggy... Had DC-9 tires on it. Never did get it to run. My dad sold it the next week.

Not exactly the same thing but... I was stumping a building lot,and as I broke the stump loose from the last root, It flung at me what I thought was dirt. I was wrong, they were yellow jackets!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Back