Fire starter debate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.. I saw that on the way back from the in-laws in Illinois and had to dig out the camera and snap a pic. I showed that to my wife and she said that they call the game wardens there "Conservation Police".

Ian

The gameys are becoming the front line in rights violations by the Govt.
Mostly due to their relaxed warrant requirements vs the regular police.
I know it is a little thing but a little+little+little...eventually is alot.
Like the bucket under a dripping tap.

The gameys are becoming the front line in rights violations by the Govt.
Mostly due to their relaxed warrant requirements vs the regular police.
I know it is a little thing but a little+little+little...eventually is alot.
Like the bucket under a dripping tap.

Game Wardens calling themselves Conservation Police sounds like Illinois is lurchng towards a total ban on sport hunting. A gun ban by stealth perhaps???? It also makes me wonder if their agenda could be a Marxist Police State by incrementalism.

The unconstitutional drug war has produced an epidemic of rights violations and mountains of dead bodies. It hasn't made a dime of difference in the volume of illegal drug trafficking.

Last edited:
It lays flatter than wadded up, so you can build a proper tinder/kindling pile in lasagna fashion.

These details are important to the ritual..lest the tinder Gods be offended.

More importantly, my wife hates newspapers laying about the house...or any paper stuffs, so the newspaper gets twisted and folded into a "Tennesee twist", and placed into one of those antique tall skinny milking buckets outta sight outta mind.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Tennesee Twist? What are you doing appalachia oragami before setting your kidling?

Waiting for someone to chime in on merits of the "paper crane of peace blowtorch top-down-through-the-middle, broken fiddle, poodle piddle, toddler spittle, greasy griddle" method of firestarting. :clap::clap:

Tennesee Twist? What are you doing appalachia oragami before setting your kidling?

Waiting for someone to chime in on merits of the "paper crane of peace blowtorch top-down-through-the-middle, broken fiddle, poodle piddle, toddler spittle, greasy griddle" method of firestarting. :clap::clap:

LOL!!
It just works out that way stashing the newspaper.

But I'm considering the greasy griddle method.
Bacon grease on old newspaper would smell better!;)

I don't think I have had but three cold starts so far this season.
Ya gotta celebrate a bit with each one.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Man you guys are eating good, mail order steaks! I had a PB&J for dinner today and I'm still waiting for the closeout on Christmas cards, I step on em and then send em to make it look like they were lost in the system...lol

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: thats a good un!!!!

Twisted vs crushed newspapers? Twisted newspapers are easier to slide between and underneath the kindling.

I bought a box of 24 firestarters at Kroger for $9.99. I never need to use a whole one. I break each one into 1/4 or less. In the long one I get at least 96 easy lit fires for not a lot of money.

Yes I may have spent money on them but it is close to ten cents per fire. By the time I would have collected pine cones and dipped them in wax, or some of the other methods listed I would have either had more money or time involved.

Back