fire wood sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injun joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok i have always wondered how much wood other people sell. so how much wood have you sold so far? ive sold 31 1/2 cords of cotton/pinion this year.

I'm at about 20 cords since September. Next year dad may help a bit and we can do about 40 cord total.

Just not enough time to do much more by myself.

I drive it all the 6 hours up to Canada one pickup truck load at a time and make my sales there to avoid US tax. :D

:laugh:

Be careful what you say.I'm pretty sure you meant to say that you've DONATED just short of eleventy billion cords to the poor souls on Craigslist that were taken by surprise when Winter happened this year and they had neither money or wood (or even a stove, in many cases).Thanks for your kindness,

165 full cords so far, started out at $200/cord in August, now have ALOT of laid-off hillbillies selling it for $120/cord:censored: :censored: :censored: :mad: :cry:

165 full cords so far, started out at $200/cord in August, now have ALOT of laid-off hillbillies selling it for $120/cord:censored: :censored: :censored: :mad: :cry:

we started at $200 aswell and are seeing the same thing as you but we have done a tad over 150 cords

a local guy and his buddy are kicking ass right now with 2 tsc splitters doing nothing but cottonwood that tree companies dump off for free and he is selling it for $100 a cord and there is always someone there getting wood as I drive by, oh well

Be careful what you say.I'm pretty sure you meant to say that you've DONATED just short of eleventy billion cords to the poor souls on Craigslist that were taken by surprise when Winter happened this year and they had neither money or wood (or even a stove, in many cases).Thanks for your kindness,

Yes, yes that DOES sound better doesn't it...

:D:D:D

I sold a cord of Pine today for $150.00 + delivery.
Got about 60 cords to process to wholesale to the wood lot, and then about another 100 cords to process on their lot.
I'd better get buisy.

Andy

At the peak of madness here, green firewood, cut split and delivered was averaging $225. a cord. I have been watching the local paper closely and it now is around $175. a cord.

We did have alot of wood cowboys spring up and start selling loads outta the back of half ton pickups, but that has calmed down now.

I've sold 1 face cord. I have about 70 more to sell. I have not advertised at ll yet due to the fact that there are a bunch of guys in our local paper selling wood for 40-45 a face. I won't do that. Those guys will also be out of wood by mid December (same thing happened last year). I will advertise in mid January and sell all of mine.

Does anyone buy wood by the truck load. I mean like 10 pulp cords in 8 ft logs. I know alot of people here up north buy it that way for around $700-$800. I think it equals around 25-30 face cords.

Shear madness, I tell ya. Who knew Winter was going to come this year ?

The only reason I gathered 20+ tons of wood in my yard was to hear the neighbors complain. Once the cold weather started to hit the kids overhead one say how lucky we were to have a 'fireplace' and 'free heat'. It wasn't luck, it was diligence.

Shear madness, I tell ya. Who knew Winter was going to come this year ?

The only reason I gathered 20+ tons of wood in my yard was to hear the neighbors complain. Once the cold weather started to hit the kids overhead one say how lucky we were to have a 'fireplace' and 'free heat'. It wasn't luck, it was diligence.

I agree. I do not see it as diligence, rather intelligence. Everyone that knows where I live and drives by.. Almost always comment about how much wood I have stored on hand..I just say "it is just like having money in the bank"

I agree. I do not see it as diligence, rather intelligence. Everyone that knows where I live and drives by.. Almost always comment about how much wood I have stored on hand..I just say "it is just like having money in the bank"

I had no idea that we were famous.My kids tell me that their teachers all ask about our wood."What do you do with it?" seems to be the most common question.One of the teachers saw me out plowing snow with my Arctic Cat and told my daughter that she saw me "scooping snow with my scooter." You wouldn't know we live in a city of 350,000 people.

guy told me the other day you gotta nuff wood to last you a few years i see. yeah right, maybe till april.

Latest posts

Back