Firewood 1 Finger 0 ..Ouch!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday morning stacking some wood pulled one to many from the bottom of the pile. I have to go back to see the surgeon in two weeks to see when the stainless steel rod can be removed. Hard typing with just the left hand and taking Vicodin:dizzy: Still have about 18+ cord to cut and split guess I will doing it when its warm out

STA70129_zpsdeb4e47c.jpg

STA70126_zps9b91675f.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. I had one just like it from a bike crash.

Make sure to ask for the pin for a souvenir.

I give meds in the hospital, and my favorite to give is dilaudid or morphine iv push. It makes people happy in like 5 seconds.

Dan

Sounds like the OP could use a "hand" (or finger :hmm3grin2orange:) A few guys getting together could wip that wood pile into shape! Who's near him?

Sorry to hear that man. Vicodin is fun ain't it? At least you'll be able to type better with your other hand.
Where about's in NY are you?

I bounce between Wappingers Falls an Napanoch. Just bought a house on 22 acres of land

Sounds like the OP could use a "hand" (or finger :hmm3grin2orange:) A few guys getting together could wip that wood pile into shape! Who's near him?

Thanks but I have enough to heat both homes this season. Just like doing when its cold.

Congrats. I had one just like it from a bike crash.

Make sure to ask for the pin for a souvenir.

I give meds in the hospital, and my favorite to give is dilaudid or morphine iv push. It makes people happy in like 5 seconds.

Dan

I like the stuff they give you in pre-op that doesn't put you out, just makes you not care at all what they do. Of course that 'push the button' machine ain't bad either afterward.

Harry K

Years ago my ex was tossing wood in to the basement through a window. Her finger was between the wood and the window frame. That was the last time I let her help me with wood. Always bad to have something like that happened to a finger. No way to work around it. I can feel your pain from here.

Hey Driver, don't you brew beer? Don't ever mix that with Tylenol, on that I'm not joking that's instant liver damage. Beer would be the better choice anyhoo at least in a couple days.

This advice won't ease your pain, or accelerate rehab, but it may help in the future.

Get, and use, a hookaroon. Gets your fingers outta there. Seriously. :msp_biggrin:

Makes life MUCH easier on your back, and your arm much longer.

Big sticks easily crush our little bones. And hurt. A lot.

Sorry to hear . Chopped a finger in January so felling your pain. They sewed it back, 90 %. Wearing an finger splint to protect the finger. Surgeon says at least a year ! Nice ! Hope yours heals fast. Goes with the territory no matter how careful we are.

Back