FIREWOOD..50cc,60cc,70cc???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36" full comp chain and 8 pin is where its at.
I agree but I didn't need that much bar today. I find myself trying to convince myself of reasons to run my 395. I could've done everything today that I needed with my 441 and 261 but hell where's the fun in that.

I run a pair of 044/440 with a 20" and 25" bars and several square grind chains as spares . Switching out chains when they loose their edge saves alot of time running your saw as well as grinding time. When I switched to an 8 pin rim it felt like I was cutting through rotten wood.

Last edited:
What do you guys use and why?

IMHO if all you are doing is cutting firewood, there is no "need" for anything more than 1 good quality 60cc class saw. Most - if not all - guys could do just fine with a well-maintained 036 for example.
That said, as we are mostly all chainsaw aficionados, the idea of one saw is sort of foreign to us - AND - from a 'legitimate' standpoint you could certainly make a strong argument that having 2 saws makes sense, in which case a 50/70cc plan will always trump a 60cc.

I have long said that if I had to get rid of all my saws but 2, i would keep one 50cc (probably my 5100) and one 70cc (probably my 440), because in reality it is all I really "need" - but where's the fun in that?? :) haha.

the ms440 hybrid i have is light and nimble like a 60cc but cuts like its 80cc

whats that? 460 top and 440 bottom?

a 361 is a light and nimble 60cc saw so is a 359. A 365 is a light and nimble 70cc saw.

yes 460 top on 440 bottom ,mastermind built it for me ,its my favorite saw ,i have a 365 special he put a xpw 75cc top on and ported ,i like it for power ,but like the stihl a little better

whats that? 460 top and 440 bottom?

a 361 is a light and nimble 60cc saw so is a 359. A 365 is a light and nimble 70cc saw.

yes 460 top on 440 bottom ,mastermind built it for me ,its my favorite saw ,i have a 365 special he put a xpw 75cc top on and ported ,i like it for power ,but like the stihl a little better

No point fighting it:

441RC-M28ESLIGHT.jpg

Latest posts

Back