Firewood Dump Trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a Pronovost P5103 and just flat love it. Dumps off back or either side. We dump a lot of wood off the sides. They are a very well thought out unit, when you unlatch the side and let it down it protects the tires (valve stems) and you just pull ahead a bit just like dumping off the rear. I wouldn't trade it for any rear only dump trailer. Pronovost is top of the line build quality, they are pricey I will warn you. Took me 10 years to find a used one.
P5103S4E_thumb.jpg

That's super nice! I've never seen one of those. How long is yours, and what do they go for new?

That's super nice! I've never seen one of those. How long is yours, and what do they go for new?
My bed is 7.5' wide and 10' long. WIth a 2x10 in the holders provided in the sides a thrown on load is about all a person wants behind a 3/4 ton truck.
Pronovost must have some sort of ban on advertising new trailer prices on the internet because you wont find one so priced. You will have to make some calls. The first time I saw one at a trade show over 10 years ago one like mine was over 8K. Only thing we have done to ours is added bottom hinges to the tailgate plus some adjustable chains so the tailgate can act as a adjustable shelf when I want to stack if you get my drift? It comes out exactly waist high when the bed is tipped enough for the wood to slide to the rear, real handy labor saver. Link is to more info. I am not a paid salesman, but should be,:)
http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/pdf/Pronovost - Dump Trailers.pdf

Anyone have any insight or comments on scissor vs telescopic? I am just about ready to pull the trigger and buy a 14' gooseneck with 6' high sides to haul 3 cord. Thought I would check here since everyone is already on the dump trailer topic

Anyone have any insight or comments on scissor vs telescopic? I am just about ready to pull the trigger and buy a 14' gooseneck with 6' high sides to haul 3 cord. Thought I would check here since everyone is already on the dump trailer topic
What's it got for axles ? I would think you would need something pretty heavy duty to haul that much weight.

Wood around here is usually 2 to 2.5 ton to the cord. So taking the trailer out I will have approx 12k left plus the truck will take between 2500-3000lbs. Plenty of room.

i haul 3 cords on a 12k trailer all the time. I did just buy a 14k deckover gooser but honestly the 12k was way overweighted but handled it just fine

i haul it log length, 18 foot by 6.5 foot by 3.5 tall. puts me a little over 3 cords

When you say "dual" 8k axles do you mean it will have duals or two tires per spindle? or just referring to 2 axles. If you meant dual tires per spindle I would Highly suggest reconsidering and putting 17.5 single tires on. They are much better in durability, they pull better, turn better, don't get rocks/mud stuck between and will cost you less in the log haul than 16" duals. They were a small upgrade charge with my trailer and well worth it. They are not any taller than most 16" truck tire. They are common on low boy semi truck trailers and have a 6300 lbs load range for each tire

Back