Tree Service Guys - Would you need this service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrushGone

Reaction score
Hello all,
I want to start my own subcontractor gig for tree services and wanted to gauge if it seems reasonable. I got the idea after a asked me to help clean up after the tree service 'forgot' a huge oak in his yard.

Basically my service would be "the ground guy" to pick up logs and branches from tree removal/pruning jobs.

The benefit to the tree service lies in running a smaller crew and spending less time and fees at the dump/having to bring a dump trailer. This let's the tree service focus what actually generates money. They can leave the debris and get onto the next job.

I'd need to invest in a trailer at the very least so there's some risk involved. OTOH I can resell a trailer if it doesn't pan out but I want to at least get a vague idea whether or not it's worth taking a shot at. I'd be happy to pick up a trailer load for $200 or so.

Is it a service companies would be interested in?

Any thoughts positive or negative are welcomed.

Much thanks.

I know a few guys that have done it. They had their own chip truck and chipper, and worked on site with the crew. They had a good working relationship with a few tree companies and new how to run rope and gear. They carried all of their own insurance.
Nobody wants to leave a mess and depend on someone coming to clean it up. You don't want to come to a site with all of the brush buried below a pile of wood. It doesn't make for an efficient clean up.
Trying to do this with a dump trailer is a no go.

Back