firewood guy 460 and a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cop0110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I sold all my old saws 041, 028s, 029 and 026 that i regret. :cry: I bought a 361 and love it , then I found a deal on a 460 mag. Im still kicking my :censored: about selling the 026 it was my favorite saw buy had to sell it to get the 460. The 361 has a 20'' bar and the 460 has a 25''. But that 026 with a 16'' bar was so light and easy to limb. I think I need another 026. My grandads 031 sounds cool ding ding ding..... but its just as heavy as my other saws. Im needing some advise... I really need a 026 again dont I? :givebeer: :monkey: :monkey:

Nope great saws but a little dated if you must have a 50cc saw look at dolmar 5100 or a husky 346 both offer more power.That said with the two you have I would'nt bother cut a little more often and the weight becomes a non issue.I can swing a 460 or a 372 all day and my buddy can do the same with a 066 point is you get used to what you have.

What you think my 031 is worth. Dont know the year but it has a white trigger and hand saftey. maybee I can trade that for a 026 but I guess I would regret that too..

I sold my 026 last year and missed it right away!! I could of bought a new dolmar 5100, Husky 346xp, or a new stihl ms260 but instead I bought another 026 this year because I missed owning that saw!!!

I sold my 026 last year and missed it right away!! I could of bought a new dolmar 5100, Husky 346xp, or a new stihl ms260 but instead I bought another 026 this year because I missed owning that saw!!!

I think I will do the same. the 026 is a great saw. But that damn 361 ROCKS

Love the 026/260..............but having the saw's you have, go spend $200 on an MS180 for the small stuff.

I am buying and selling used saws and I use most all of them in the woods for a healthy test drive or sometimes I keep using them in my regular lineup for quite a while before putting them up for sale. I had an 026 pro regular that was the best 1 of several powerwise. I muffler modded it and it was low hours. It was nice but I even in small wood when I am working on the ground with firewood usually prefer something in the vicinity of an 034 to 044. Just seems considerably faster then any 50 cc and lower saw that I have used .
On steep rough terrain I may choose the 026 and when I get tired and want to keep going I like to run a tank through a smaller saw. I put a lot of hours on a couple 346's,and a 55 and the 026 feels best in my hands of the 3. But thats just me.

Hate to rain on the 026 parade, but my 026 tends to stay home and the Husky 350 goes to the woods for cutting. According to this site the 350 isn't even close to a 346NE or 5100, so I would be inclined to try those.

The 026 feels like it has more torque, lower RPMs and less horsepower. I prefer the higher revving and higher horsepower of the 350. I use these 50cc saws for limbing oak and the 350 feels handier and faster cutting in the little stuff.
Dok

:agree2: on the 346XP, or the Dolmar 5100. I you go a little smaller (and less expensive), maybe the new Dolmar 420. If you get the 420, that would save you some money for a nice little PRO 026 rebuild. Are you thinking now???:chainsaw:

I am buying and selling used saws and I use most all of them in the woods for a healthy test drive or sometimes I keep using them in my regular lineup for quite a while before putting them up for sale. I had an 026 pro regular that was the best 1 of several powerwise. I muffler modded it and it was low hours. It was nice but I even in small wood when I am working on the ground with firewood usually prefer something in the vicinity of an 034 to 044. Just seems considerably faster then any 50 cc and lower saw that I have used .

+1 too that. Once you use a 70cc class saw, it's hard too get back too the 50's. Yes there's a weight issue but for me it's canceled out by how much faster you can blow through the larger stuff. IMO a 20" bar on a 70 class is the perfect firewood machine.

I think I will do the same. the 026 is a great saw. But that damn 361 ROCKS

Try a 16" bar on the 361 first, it will make quite a differense from a 20" one.

If you still feel the need of a smaller limbing saw, get a 346xp. It beats the 5100S hands down as a limbing saw - as it handles better, is a tad lighter, and the trigger response is better. :clap: :clap:

Back