firewood is finished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold 1 cord of ugly red maple that I refused to stack. Other than that I would never sell my wood. Be like busten my arse for $1 an hour. Besides, after a break the wood fever comes back hard and heavy.

I just split up a bunch of real gnarly red oak. It's going in the fire ring pile. Along with the gnarly hedge and
anything else that doesn't stack well. It would be a pain to put in the stove anyway. Is there a medical term
for that fever? We can't seem to kick it either.

I'm not going to leave it!

I am not going to leave all those "but end drops" out in the woods. I am good for this year and next year on firewood, so I will be starting on the 3 rd year so to speak. It's just been so hot and I have had some home projects that have kept my days off tied up. It will cool off in a couple months and I will get back in there. As Bucko mentioned, loggers leave a gross amount of waist at all log sets, and if it's not cut up for firewood it will rot! There is probably enough of those but drops to cut 4 cords, mabe more. Our club keeps the gates locked so it's not going anywhere. Yesterday a friend of mine that cuts trees for the power company before they fall on the powerlines told me they were gonna drop probably 20 large oak and cypress trees within the next 2 weeks real close to my house. Cypress probably won't work for firewood, but the oak would, and he said they were gonna drop them and leave them where they lay. Easy to get! You can bet I will be after some of that too!

Oh ya get all the oak. Get permission from the land owners first. Never hurts to ask, and you may get more than whats down.

Latest posts

Back