Firewood Prices - By Location

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLumberJack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I hope this thread doesn't exist...I searched...

What is the going rate of firewood in your area? Try to post in this format:

Range per cord: $200-$375
Average per cord: $275
Range face cord: $100- $175
Average face cord: $125

*This is all split hard wood...prices factored are a mix of picked up, delivered, dumped, and stacked....had to do it that way to make it simpler.

Last edited:
New Holland Pa South East corner of the state winter averages were $150.00 per cord, but varied ALOT within just a few miles. Lancaster about 8 miles 200.00 seemed the norm, into chester county high rent district as we call it 250 -275 no problem. Alot more competition this year with so many people out of work.

Michigan

I am in michigans thumb
my price is $55 A FACE picked up all ash and maple truely seasoned
Or that would figure to $165 a cord picked up
I am the more exspensive guy in the area most guys are at $120 A CORD or 40 a face dont know if it is seasoned or what kind of wood it is tho

Around me (eastern NY) we are around 200-250 a full cord. But ive sold it for as much as 300-350 if there lookin for somthing special. I had one fellow that wanted 6 cords of pure hickory all 14". If you want somthing besides 16" mixed hard wood i gotta cherge em more.

Central NH Lake Sunapee Region about $170 a cord green, $250-$300 a cord dry, both delivered.

Albany NY - I got $100 per face (1/3) cord delivered and sold out. Average price for a seasoned/honest cord from a reputable seller is $250.

south jersey all hard wood picked up seasoned 150 a chord if you want it to go fast, some go up to about 200 but they dont sell that much.

I started last fall at $200/cord delivered & dumped. Now there's all these laid-off :censored:hillbillies with a Poulan and a POS pickup selling unsplit green frozen willow for $120/cord ("yeah, my pickup holds a cord"). The bad thing is that most people around here are so ignorant- they think wood is wood and have no idea what a cord is.:chainsaw::bang::angry::taped::angrysoapbox::angry2:

Please forgive my rant.

Z prices per chord or 3.6 cubic metres

Pine $150
Macracarpa - $200
Gum - $300
Manuka - $350

These are local prices. City prices you'd another hundie per chord.

I've spent around $600 for this winter and I should be sweet. Haven't cut any myself this winter due to my dodgy back. :(

Sundridge, Ontario, Canada
:jawdrop: wow i thought i had high prices a cord mixed hardwood of green $65 and dry is $75 then dilvery chagers on top

In northern Vermont 6-7 cords of log length is running about $600-$700 delivered....if you can find a logger with wood to sell. It's real hard to find wood this year for some reason.

Prices in the local advertiser are all over the map.

Area is just on the NE edge of Minneapolis/St Paul metro, so that affects it somewhat.

Average is about $175 full cord, range from $120-$250. Can't comment on quality, don't buy any or know anyone who does.

norwalk ohio
150.00 -180.00 seems to be it for a cord del. But this time of yr. seasoned stuff is hard to find. I'm noticing alot of people burning wood this year...

Anything that doesn't split Perfect Is cord wood!
All other is bundle wood.
Hardwood =$285
Pine /Spruce=$165
U haul and load!
I tell them this way you get the exact size and width you need since everyone has a different needs. (stove or fireplace)
I swear some folks have stoves the size of coffee cans
The only cord delivery is the 85 year old + couple down the road.(free)
(My thoughts are I cut it,pick it up to load it,unload it,pick it up to split it.)
3 times are a charm.
Amazing how much wood i sell at the end of the season after everyone else gave their firewood away and are out of wood.
I will pick up the wood a 4th and 5th time to bundle and deliver but i make to 2x the $.
More work to bundle on my homemade redneck electric bundler + pallet wrap=$.(Better money though.)A lot BETTER.
Bundles = 1 cu ft
Hard $660
Pine $512
- Pallet wrap per ($10.24) cord

Mark

Last edited:
$85-120/face

$250-385/cord.

plus delivery in most cases.

stacking extra.

These are prices out of the free paper that comes with the mail.

Latest posts

Back