Firewood Prices - By Location

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downeast Maine, Hardwood (of course)

Tree length $110-$120 a cord
Cut/split green $160-$180 full cord
Cut/split seasoned $200-$225 full cord

Finger Lakes, NY

Bristol Hills region:

Log load - $700 Approx. little over 9 full cord.
Dump truck - $350 Green, $400 Seasoned ~7 mos. cut, split and delivered.
Roadside - $55 to $85 face cord (4'x8'x16") you pick up. Cut and Split
$40 for Rounds

I do the log loads. That way I can run the chainsaw and post in the chainsaw forum!!

:chainsaw:

Millman

Ireland - $1877.37 per full cord, seasoned hardwood. And I'm not joking... www.woodireland.com

That must be much more expensive than other heating fuels? Like oil or natural gas?
I guess in a country where they can deliver nationwide for €25 there aren't a whole lot of woodlots left... Do people burn peat anymore? coal?

In Campbellford, ON, Canada, ranges from $225-300/cord mixed hardwood.
$150/cord for a 8 cord log load, which seems a bit steep to me compared to split wood. If it was more like $80-100/cord in logs I would probably buy a load to process and sell just of some extra cash and exercise.
Ian

Sillicon Valley, CA

Pine $180-$220/cord ($100-150 1/2 cord)

Oak $300-$400/cord ($175-$225 1/2 cord)

Many are you haul.

There are always exceptions as there is a CL guy that is selling green oak rounds for $140 cord (you haul).

Here's one of about 10 posts in the last 2 weeks on CL by people who have been suckered/scammed into believing you can get a cord of wood for $100 when legitmate firewood dealers are charging $250. There's a reason.

http://albany.craigslist.org/for/1077176847.html

I saw that when I was trolling for chainsaws the other day. It's funny, what I sell as a 1/2 face cord is close to the size of some people's face cords...

$656.00 a cord for Pine!That's the price from the biggest dealer in the area $88.00 for a stacking fee and $40.00 delivery if you live outside of the city. They have some crazy prices listed for exotic woods that they import. The little guy's I see advertise in the paper want anywhere from $100.00 a pick up truck load to one place I saw that said $50.00 a pick up load. (note a pick up not a full cord.)But Pine if dry is light and I can actually stuff a full cord in my truck I have a rack and can stack right up to the cab.
I think since Natural gas is cheap here compared to other places not many people heat with wood so the very low demand = a very high price?
Now if the 16'' of snow that fell in the last two weekends starts to melt I will be able to get out and get some more precious wood:)

That must be much more expensive than other heating fuels? Like oil or natural gas?
I guess in a country where they can deliver nationwide for €25 there aren't a whole lot of woodlots left... Do people burn peat anymore? coal?

In Campbellford, ON, Canada, ranges from $225-300/cord mixed hardwood.
$150/cord for a 8 cord log load, which seems a bit steep to me compared to split wood. If it was more like $80-100/cord in logs I would probably buy a load to process and sell just of some extra cash and exercise.
Ian

There just isn't the demand for wood, few people burn it. Peat - yep, coal even more so. Peat is gradually getting less popular, but most people don't actually "heat" with wood, peat or coal any more - it's just for the "cosiness" aspect. Heat is oil or gas through a conventional wet radiator heating system generally...

There just isn't the demand for wood, few people burn it. Peat - yep, coal even more so. Peat is gradually getting less popular, but most people don't actually "heat" with wood, peat or coal any more - it's just for the "cosiness" aspect. Heat is oil or gas through a conventional wet radiator heating system generally...

Does the peat actually burn or does it just smolder? I have always pictured a smoldering smokey kind of thing.

Here in West Central Vermont, a full cord of mixed hardwood (around here that means maple, beech and birch) goes for $300, green $200-250.

Does the peat actually burn or does it just smolder? I have always pictured a smoldering smokey kind of thing.

Just like wood, it needs to dry! A lot of the peat you buy is sold far too damp, and needs 6 months or so in the basket before it'll burn properly - but once it's burning and the fire blazing, the smell is fantastic... :)

Here's a local guys price.

Just like the title says. My firewood for sale is READY TO BURN NOW!!! It is a mixture of hardwoods from ash, elm, fruit and nut trees, etc. There is no pine or willow in this mix.

Along with the quality wood that I provide, you will also be GIVEN THE PROPER AMOUNT OF WOOD according to what you order. Many firewood dealers will short-change their customers quite a bit!!! The only parts of the stack that get cross-stacked(wood is stacked perpendicular to one another) are the ends. That is necessary to maintain the integrity of the stack so it doesn't fall down. All of the wood in between is stacked parallel to one another to give you the most amount of wood for the space. A stack of cross-stacked firewood compared to the way I stack it can yield up to 40% LESS firewood to you, the customer!!!

I sell my firewood by the following quantities and prices:
1/2 Face Cord $90
1 Face Cord $165
2 Face Cords $320
3 Face Cords(1 Full Cord) $465
Add 1/2 Face Cord to any amount above: $80

One Face Cord is described as a 4' x 8' x 1 split-log deep stack. All prices include delivery and stacking to **** and **** Counties.

$75-$125 in southern appalachians, for a heaping long bed pickup load, "thrown-in", not stacked. I sell to some local BBQ joints that want all shagbark hickory or all wild cherry for slightly more.

Patched the back of my fireplace up today with some Greenpatch 421 (refractory patching mortar) today.....I'll send some pictures later. Sure beats repointing with firebrick.

I noticed a few Paper plates with the phone number cut outs at the grocery today. 130 bucks a Cord, hardwood, U- Haul. another was 150 delivered for hardwood.

Oddly enough though, lots of the "Hardwood" around here is a mix of Red Oak, Cherry, and Poplar with LOTS of sassafrass.

The guys selling Oak cords are getting 190 Bucks delivered.
"Delivered" is dumped where ya want it dumped.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back