Firewood, snow and vinyl siding... lessons learned

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you may remember, I stack my firewood on old vinyl siding. It works pretty good, no weeds can grow up through, and if you make your siding base a little wider than the wood there's very little grass trimming to do... and it's a darn good moisture barrier.

Yesterday I learned another advantage of using vinyl siding.
I decided to get ahead of the game and move some more wood in the house, rather than wait until sometime next month when I'm sure to run short :( (And, before the snow covered it today)
Even under several inches of snow your firewood will not freeze to vinyl siding... you can just reach down a pick it right up. Ice and snow flat does not stick to that vinyl, it wipes clean with a touch.

I also learned another lesson.
When vinyl siding is covered with snow, it's slipperier than greased owl $h!t... and evidently you need to slip and fall on your azz three friggin' times before you catch on to that little secret. I must be gettin' old... my neck is so stiff this morning I can't tip it back far enough to finish a cup of coffee :confused:

Lol, sorry to hear that. I guess you'll won't be cutting or splitting anytime soon! Feel better.

you need to slip and fall on your azz three friggin' times
Hahaha! Errr... I mean... are you alright? Thanks for the laugh either way.

Maybe you're pulling the wood off the vinyl siding too soon. Add a short rope to one end and pull the wood stack like a sled right over to the basement! Or better yet, get the boy to do it! :D

So today, it is more than just your brain that is pulsating? I use a piece of nylon work bench top(for tossing wood in to the basement) and it is the same way. You best know where that thing is when your walking around, or you will go for a spill! Before you know your falling, your already on the ground! lol

Ted

Vinyl siding is toxic to the earth Spidey! Everyone knows that the chemicals are leeching from the siding into the wood and it keeps the wood from burning correctly in the new stoves.............hey wait a minute......... I think I just stumbled across your problem. You need the new EPA certified vinyl siding to correctly burn any wood stacked on it!

Bummer man. Good thing all you got was a sore neck. I bet you will never make that mistake again!!

As some of you may remember, I stack my firewood on old vinyl siding. It works pretty good, no weeds can grow up through, and if you make your siding base a little wider than the wood there's very little grass trimming to do... and it's a darn good moisture barrier.

I decided to get ahead of the game and move some more wood in the house, rather than wait until sometime next month when I'm sure to run short :( (And, before the snow covered it today)
Even under several inches of snow your firewood will not freeze to vinyl siding... you can just reach down a pick it right up. Ice and snow flat does not stick to that vinyl, it wipes clean with a touch.

When vinyl siding is covered with snow, it's slipperier than greased owl $h!t... and evidently you need to slip and fall on your azz three friggin' times before you catch on to that little secret. I must be gettin' old... my neck is so stiff this morning I can't tip it back far enough to finish a cup of coffee :confused:
I knew that! Your supposed to remember where it is!

I have some plastic reusable totes that were deemed obsolete to stack wood on. We were pulling some off last night to take home from Dad's and they were slick too with just a bit of frost on them. All we have for snow now are drifts and shady spots.

I thought you were going to say the siding slid over the snow so well you just slid the whole pile into the house. Now there's a thought - stack the wood on sleds with siding for runners.

Just so I am clear on this - was the owl greased before he **** or was the **** itself greased? I'm assuming the latter because greasing the owl would probably not increase the lubricity of the **** unless, of course, the grease was concentrated at the cloaca and intermixed with the **** as it was excreted.

Oh yeah, vids or it didn't happen.

I bet it will make it back far enough to finish a bow o beer. Amazing how things tend to work better with a box o beer.

Who would have guessed you could stop spider man dead in his tracks with vinyl siding.
I'm starting to wonder now if roof singles can mess up superman :)

I bet with a few other building materials the fantastic 4 would run away like a bunch of girls.

Latest posts

Back