Firewood, snow and vinyl siding... lessons learned

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you might have finally stumbled onto a use for vinyl siding. (Pun fully intended)

I can now say that it is good for keeping wood off the wet ground, sure ain't good for anything else.

Heal quick, spidey,

Mr. HE:cool:

Wow! Been There; Done That.... One year I put some scrap plastic down before I stacked my wood. Not a good idea, once the snow gets on it, it's like a little kid going down the hill on those plastic sheets.

Spidy, I hope things work out ok for you. When I took a spill it took a few weeks for me to get back to normal... The bad part is, no one is there to do the work so we can rest up...

I also learned another lesson.
When vinyl siding is covered with snow, it's slipperier than greased owl $h!t... and evidently you need to slip and fall on your azz three friggin' times before you catch on to that little secret. I must be gettin' old... my neck is so stiff this morning I can't tip it back far enough to finish a cup of coffee :confused:

I use vinyl the same way.... that is until I found the post with the cinder blocks and boards to use as a wood rack. I still have vinyl down by the wood line I stack wood to dry on..... but the cinder block idea replaced the burn wood area real quick

Bahhhaahahaha!

Still better than stepping through a half rotted pallet, catching your foot, tripping, and twisting your ankle. Any guesses why I don't stack on pallets anymore?

F'n windy here today, I gave up pushing the snow back a few minutes ago, it just fills right back in. Looks like I'm headed to the corner store for beer and pizza and hunker down for the night. I ain't even trying to get up the hill to get to my last cord of oak, the wind's hitting that full blast right now. I'll just keep burning the elm I have inside till the wind dies down.

No more pallets for this guy. I have an OWB so using the wood from a pallet is a joke. Good way to get hurt fast like when they freeze to the ground. I have acccess to my woods so I'll cut a few long poles and stack on them.

I plowed my road and made a path out in the pasture so I could bring a bale of hay to the donkeys this morning. Filled the trailer with extra wood and parked it by the OWB.. At 10:00 AM the winds started just as I got the hay in to the pasture and now it's gusting around 25 to 30 mph.. No more plowing for this guy until things die down a little. Things are nasty out there....

Or don't use anything at all. I've stacked on this or that quite a few times and found the bare ground to be the best for me.

I found a little present my dog left me on a tile kitchen floor that way, I'm pretty sure my dog ate some of that cooking spray Clark Grizwald used on his sled in national lampoons , I stepped in that pile in the dark and wooooohoooooooh!!! I think my feet hit the ceiling and landed flat on my head. I believe this maneuver is called the triple linding . Thank god I live a block from the ER, 15 stitches and a weeklong migraine . Not to mention the poop that I wiped off the floor so unconventionally with my back .
Moral of the story if i had some dog crap, owl $@$t , some snow covered vinal siding I think I could skid a 100 foot oak tree out of the woods pulling it with self propelled lawn mower uphill . Now I just need to find a owl!! I know my dog can crap 5 pounds after eating a ginger snap

I found a little present my dog left me on a tile kitchen floor that way, I'm pretty sure my dog ate some of that cooking spray Clark Grizwald used on his sled in national lampoons , I stepped in that pile in the dark and wooooohoooooooh!!! I think my feet hit the ceiling and landed flat on my head. I believe this maneuver is called the triple linding . Thank god I live a block from the ER, 15 stitches and a weeklong migraine . Not to mention the poop that I wiped off the floor so unconventionally with my back .
Moral of the story if i had some dog crap, owl $@$t , some snow covered vinal siding I think I could skid a 100 foot oak tree out of the woods pulling it with self propelled lawn mower uphill . Now I just need to find a owl!! I know my dog can crap 5 pounds after eating a ginger snap
2nd best dogsh!t story I've ever read.

Hey, spidey, neck loosen up today? I hear if'n :D ya rub some greased owl stuff on your neck every day for a week, it will enable you to be able to turn your head around clean backwards! Downright handy for snowplowin! 'Course, at that point, you may be banned to the garage, good thing ya got heat out there! :D
I too have begun pondering if you meant that the owl is greased or the owl, ahem, "exhaust" is greasy?! :confused:
Post # 30 :rock::laugh:

Last edited:
Oh man... I'm hurtin'...
Started Happy Hour early...
Daughter and her boyfriend wanted to go play in the snow... so I loaded 'em up in the truck and headed down through the wood lot. Friggin' wind blowin' 30-50 Mph, snow drifting... I stuck my truck in a drift clean up to the mirrors. No lie... we had to crawl out the windows, couldn't open the doors. I just spent the last two hours shoveling and winching
The worst part... I had the 6-year-old with us... wife ain't happy at all. I left the daughter and boyfriend in the truck with the boy, scrambled back to the house for a blanket, went back, wrapped the boy up, carried him to the house.

So much for healing-up... I'm friggin' froze all the way though... and my neck and back is throbbing.

To hell with the coffee, you need something stronger through the straw now.

Better quit while you're behind, Spidey. What with the siding and your bias tires betraying you on the same weekend, if you keep it up, that Daka's likely to go cold on ya too...

Latest posts

Back