Firewood storage for newbie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 592387 View attachment 592388 View attachment 592389 Thanks guys so what I ended up doing is graveling and then laying osb sheets down... Then I put only Unsplit smaller rounds on the bottom thinking it would last longer?? Hopefully it works out

What I might do in that case, is get some of those concrete deck blocks that will hold a 2x4 on edge (or 2x6), and pile on that (2xs on edge on the blocks). That gets things way up off the ground. Or, just ordinary concrete blocks (I can get them here for $0.50) with landscape ties on top. Then pile on those. You can easily take them up and set them aside as you use the wood up - or put them down as you fill it up. Getting a good layer of air underneath a pile of wood really does help.

What I might do in that case, is get some of those concrete deck blocks that will hold a 2x4 on edge (or 2x6), and pile on that (2xs on edge on the blocks). That gets things way up off the ground. Or, just ordinary concrete blocks (I can get them here for $0.50) with landscape ties on top. Then pile on those. You can easily take them up and set them aside as you use the wood up - or put them down as you fill it up. Getting a good layer of air underneath a pile of wood really does help.

One of my set of racks uses the 2X4s set on top of cinder blocks which sit on 4" layer of crushed stone. Works good with the stone, no muddy boots during thaws. And, when the rack is empty move the 2X4s and onto the next rack like NSMaple1 said. Only drawback I have found is that the freeze/thaw cycle ALWAYS tips 1 or 2 of the stacks against another one, at which point I hope that it does not turn into a game of dominoes.

Latest posts

Back