firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a 30/06 and a 40/06 near me, both bought new by the same man. He's passed now, but I remember him saying the same thing about their fuel usage. They are good tractors.
I also had a 40-06 for a time too, it's the same tractor as the 30, except it has a 3 cyl. 38hp motor. I never liked mine, because that particular motor isn't balanced very well, and running it all day at pto speed, the vibration would get to me.

SO, I traded it in when I bought one of my AGCO's... The AGCO is a MUCH nicer tractor to run and still has low fuel consumption with really good power....

SR

Whoa--that's very cool. So is there a hydraulic drive for the trailer wheels? Found some videos just now, but would love to see your machine in action

No, it is full time no diff construction so no wheel or all wheels turn the same. It uses a T-Axel that is chain conected to main shaft in front and at the end of axel in the reare.
This is the newer version, I hawe this Norwegian legends old mashine.
He is the retailer of Carlton stumpg. Lennartsfors jernhest, timberwolf and Alstor 8x8 among other things.

No, it is full time no diff construction so no wheel or all wheels turn the same. It uses a T-Axel that is chain conected to main shaft in front and at the end of axel in the reare.
He is the retailer of Carlton stumpg. Lennartsfors jernhest, timberwolf and Alstor 8x8 among other things.

Looks like quite a machine!!

Looks like quite a machine!!

Yes, bit pricy but well worth it compared to man handeling.
80 000$ with tax. But its worth 100$ an houre when in use. Very Good second hand valu so its a investment!

Youtube? I can't get it to load for some reason.

Just use alstor 8x8 and you will find several !

So after a workout, I couldn't get the bucket to lift. I set the pallet down, and had to back into the barn since I couldn't raise the bucket. This has the front, shaft drive hydraulic pump.

Found the set screws were loose and the coupler backed up, allowing the bearings to drop out which uncoupled the shaft from the pump.

Is anyone familiar with this arrangement? I will be heading to google, but appreciate any feedback y'all have. The coupler and shaft seem to be in decent shape so just looking for the right ball bearings.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    756.7 KB · Views: 103
-rsb2MoDrZadvqsy1Lt81FYm7Cduh3R06KJ-gg2aNFovNzjUw6c2pbGvvhssTfHnOmpWVHA_t-5GSyHuF5Ljk-c-_f_qzvVK74S1bpPJkFrlczpadDuAHpTMfoAz5lsnOTHIZ9eFbOllKRfUsoZkA8581hfghVnDzX99OJN92TXVTX5EPvBLB0GkdW05M20_OPrrzZ3Wc5rsP6_PlcHCnvTvkocYGsbmqvA4HfyFXtC2sTWuQKtEr-LSAk6rdLIAXCruQIIJy3qBZo9qK1XMaStJ9TqzQzPB8KIQjCF8RXpwb47d7oNGbvHeLq_M7UeRhJCj_r5pRtPeEFboATGd5o0H_NK3zo_6HkvApVp8KVcoEcLNHL9m1wrOpUUkc_m10EV2JeY8M5i5IilJVFMk5G1dDD8ANvAhySUDpDJfeaJtEP-3cokzbpVNHgjaut7qvzQkP7BngXLNybW-RKKshsVrCXIw9HNFYDVEoAeWbVFy9QviqQY4AgHWM5yqNPwyZo38kk_mg4MLZakazmYL_IZk-glj7_h8Lx_6SLF0QqDfYOWgr34XupOPTDuOancK5IOjquhaYmV_DoBrPyuvTlqwMOHeO8JhfalZkuGL5PPtQ6VDyA=w1666-h937-no

I had convinced myself that the misssing bearings could be anywhere in the woods where I had been, but I actually found (2) at the wood pile tonight. I measured them and realized that they were larger than the ones I ordered. With my new found optimism, I set out to find the other two...and promptly did...all (4) were in a five ft radius.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Here's an action shot, but it sure doesn't look like a winter picture.....it's cold now but no snow

Attachments

• IMG_0196.PNG
    IMG_0196.PNG
    264.7 KB · Views: 47
Back