First ever Negative feedback on an MS660.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really tough to do buisness on Ebay. Buyer protection is good but what about seller protection? Once wrote a message to Ebay about that problem, but you know how it works... Got a reply that had nothing to do with my question. With all the money they make off us...
Once got a neg feedback: sold a old laptop for 20 bucks. Guess the guy was expecting a quad core for that price... (Although I had all the specs listed). Managed to get him to remove his feedback but I had to refund him (but did not refund the shipping). Told him to keep the item, not worth shipping back... Lost 20$ for a feedback...
And, trust me, I like to sell to the US: much less problems than with the french... (I'm french but grew up in the States and Canada).
What can be done to get them to set up a real seller protection?
You can write the best description possible, you still risk falling upon a dumb*** trying to rip you off...
I sure prefer buying on Ebay: I read the description closely, look at the pics and don't expect anything more... Usually works out. What you see is what you get, and stop thinking you're paying 100$ for a 1000$ worth item. that rarely happens (good surprise when it does!).

Over 500 successful non purchases on eBay. I even non purchased a Garbage truck. I am not going to let my success to be deterred by one bad experience.

Yup, I got my first ever Neg. What am I supposed to do? Sit down cross my legs and cry?

I sent the guy a feedback revision form. If he feels that his statement is honest about our transaction, then let the world see. That is his right.

Venting over.

Scott.

You know I would like to know that too. I have never even come close to stripping out a cylinder thread. And prior to this, I have never seen one stripped out.

When the MS 440 first came out it was quite common for one of the front head bolts to come loose usually the one on the bar/chain side. My dealer had several come back for that, including mine which didn't come loose until it had been run for 8 months, I don't think you missed anything Scott just one of those things.

Honesty, integrity, writing skill and doing eBay.

Im actually in the process of trying to get a seller to take a saw back. he said it ran great but could benefit from a carb kit. But I cant get it to start and the p/c are scored bad with 115psi. All he has done to help was send me a link for a new aftermarket p/c. All I can say is I wish I bought my saw from you and not him!! Haha! So I guess there are bad apples on both sides of the fence and you did what you could and most decent people would have been pleased with your help even if in the end the saw didnt run. But some A-holes are just never pleased!
Since 1999 I have sold and bought on eBay but my auction count is a mere 171 deals. There are myriad ways to define bargain, honesty and need. In several auctions I have been stung or wronged; if a situation looks illegal I seek assistance from eBay legal department. I watch auctions as a way of monitoring the pace of markets, a way to determine what an item might value at and to find a time window when an item might sell if I list it. Much can be discerned about a seller by their writing skill; if an auction is written poorly it gives me reason to question the quality of the item and the integrity of the seller. Thanks for starting this thread.

i have bought three things on the bay now
1st) was a saw supposed to run good with new 20" bar. when i got it no bar and carb boot was shot. talked to the guy he was jacked at first but he made it right with partial refund.
2nd) was a parts saw he wasnt sure the p/c were any good i was after the case and crank anyway. i got it bearings were seized and one had came apart. i was upset at first but its a parts saw oh well couple more bucks.
3rd) on the way new starter cover

ebay can suck but take the good with the bad. you can make a little money and save money there too!

Well, The guy decided to revise his feedback.

Original Feedback rating (12-March-2011): Negative
Original comment: won't run,said to be in good running condition, big $580 wasted
Revised Feedback rating (17-March-2011): Positive
Revised comment: Seller has been working with me and is a real good ebayer

This is a really nice option on eBay. You keep your cool and continue to work through the deal and make things right.

You only have 30 days from the time you are Negged to have the eBayer revise his comment.

Scott.

Back