fIRST PORT JOB-026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is the first port job I have ever done,please don't laugh or give any negative remarks I know it,s not the pretteist but I did make the effort and had the nerve to post my mistakes.I had the help of Brad through emails and I don't want anyone to think he had anything to do with my screw-ups and shaky hands.I would like to thank Brad for all his help,he is a very nice guy.Well I widened the intake just about as far as it would go didn't really raise or lower it and the exhaust I widened a little less than the intake and beveled it out.I cut the exhaust gasket to match the port and cut the muffler to match the port opening.I removed the heat shield and deflector on the muffler and welded up the stock exhaust holes and the screw hole for the screen and the four smaller holes that the previous owner put in and welded a 5/8 pipe out the recoil side.I put in a new base gasket and a set of new rings.It had a new air filter and cover and I replaced the fuel line,fuel filter,impaulse line and spark plug with new.I don't know what I did right but it runs and idles perfect and when I put it in a piece of 16 inch red oak it pulled right through with no bogging down and I don't have a compression tester but it feels like it's 170 to 180 cold.I don't know if my screw-ups made it run so good or what,but I'am very happy with it.I traded my brother my other muffler modded 026 and I have another brother that has a completely stock 026,will get them all together and see the differences. First muffler.

Your being too modest. It looks good. Can't wait to see how it compares to the stock saw.

:chainsaw: I know things could be alot more squared up and some spots could be alittle flatter but it runs quite well and I'am happy.Next one will be alot better.Thanks for not laughing so loud.:chainsaw:

Who's laughing? At least you had balls enough to give it a go, and its working, so a success.:clap:

looks good to me

:chainsaw: I know things could be alot more squared up and some spots could be alittle flatter but it runs quite well and I'am happy.Next one will be alot better.Thanks for not laughing so loud.:chainsaw:

don'y be so hard on yourself. your port work is far nicer than mine.

your saw runs good? = success!:clap:

i ran the snot out of my hacked ported saw today and it seemed well worth it to me.
i hope your saw proves as pleasing!
:cheers:

Very nice! Now that you got your feet wet.......

Very nice! Now that you got your feet wet.......look out what's next.....lawnmower?? J/K

I like this pic....it really puts it into perspective how tiny that jug is with your thumb in it:
attachment.php

+Rep:) :clap:

Dan:chainsaw:

port'n threads...

Darn you guys. These porting threads are popping up like wildfire on AS lately! Now I feel like I need to go out and port the 372. I did the ms361 with help from a friend years ago along with a muff mod and the thing is soooo loud I have a hard time telling if it's really stronger or just seems so because it's so dam loud. Nice work on your 026. Ports look smoooooth.

Way to go Woodyman. Glad it's running good for you. You'll improve with every saw you do You had the nerve to do what many won't and it worked out for you. You'll never be satisfied with a stock saw now.

yup great job. looks very good.

ive done some porting but only on 2 stroke dirt bikes. i have 359 and was thinkn about looking for gaskets. winter time snow and bad economy means ive been spending lots of time at home. done the muffler mod now porting is next.

i also made a new digger dog for my 359 kinda copied a set of baileys dogs.

id be very curious to see how porting your 359 goes. if its as worthwhile as the muffler mod then after porting the 359 should be able to take on all 361s

great work and keep em comeing.

Evan

Last edited:
Looks like really nice work woodyman. I imagine when I do my first port job I will be shaking so bad all the saws in the garage will have score marks lol

Latest posts

Back