First post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall_B

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, been lurking around on the forum since early in the year. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm not doing things on as big a scale as any of you guys but have a keen interest in wood burning in my home. I've been mainly using the forum to learn more about chainsaws and firewood etc. I've found some of the threads really interesting and helpful. Keep it up

Niall

Welcome aboard!!! I would leave the avatar.... You can blame it on the Guiness!!!
Yes I would leave it, especially if thats your house in it, would be easier to heat it sideways....

Ha ha Welcome... So you must be very familiar with burning coal too... do tell....

Yes I would leave it, especially if thats your house in it, would be easier to heat it sideways....

Ha ha Welcome... So you must be very familiar with burning coal too... do tell....

Not my house it's Trinity College in Dublin. I'd be doing pretty well if it was my house though.

Actually I don't have any experience burning coal, they banned the sale of real coal in Ireland and so all you can get now is smokeless coal which doesn't burn as well

Niall

Welcome to AS you'll find lots of stuff here to argue......I mean talk about!
Not everyone on here is a firewood conglomerate. Some of us just cut wood to heat our homes with and like being in the outdoors!
I'll take a Smithwicks please!

Welcome to the madness! If you start buying chainsaws beware they are listed somewhere between pot an cocaine on the FBI's list of addictive substances. Or at least to some of us they probably are.

Welcome to AS, the men and women here are....uh, well, ummm, anyway welcome! For those of us that reside in the southern US; it is time to break out the "good stuff". I know that you have been holding back the 3-year old oak, the locust that is hard as iron. Bring that stuff up close to the stove we are going to need it. Speaking of the "good stuff" you might also want to reach way back in the cabinet, past the store-bought stuff and get out the non-taxpaid cough medicine, just in case.

Latest posts

Back