first real saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how much difference .2 hp makes when cutting.

Keep Saw Troll straight, NapalmDeath! Us 270 guys gotta stick together, since there are so few of us. :)

I do like mine, just as I've said here numerous times.

By the way, the answer to your question is 5.89%. :)

While we're drinkin' our toast, I'll put it another way.

The difference in power between the MS 270 and the MS 280 is 5.89 %. The difference in price (at my dealer) is 10.5%. So for nearly 11% more money you get less than 6% more hp.

I'm a smarter shopper than I realized. :clap:

I love my 270 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a saw well under $400. My dealer had the 270 at $349 and the 280 at $399. I have heard from people that have actually used them both say they cannot notice a difference between the two saws.

I love my 270 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a saw well under $400. My dealer had the 270 at $349 and the 280 at $399. I have heard from people that have actually used them both say they cannot notice a difference between the two saws.

a tech guy from our stihl distributor actually told us we should put a 270 up against a 260 and watch the 270 "cut circles around it" even though it's only 0.15hp higher in the specs (enter sawtroll here)...

a tech guy from our stihl distributor actually told us we should put a 270 up against a 260 and watch the 270 "cut circles around it" even though it's only 0.15hp higher in the specs (enter sawtroll here)...
Well..............will the 270 cut circles around the 260? I would think they'd be pretty close to each other. I've never ran either though. :confused:

After bringing the 346xp home, I got to thinking about the chain store special I've been using. Now it will be my limbing saw and I took the 346 back and upgraded to a 357xp. Now I should have all the bases covered...

I like WadePatton's plan except,,,, if you have a significant other,,, I suggest trying to buy saws that are similar in color. I'm pretty sure my wife still thinks I have two saws. One orange one, and one blue one. The Dolmars, Husky's, and Stihl kind of blend into one orange saw. It has worked for me so far!!

When you see some of my stuff go on sell you will know that things took a turn for the worse.

Well..............will the 270 cut circles around the 260? I would think they'd be pretty close to each other. I've never ran either though. :confused:

I've run a 260, but not a 270, so I really don't know either.

Just a bit too close to the 361 in weight for my liking, but it might be the right saw, anyway. Try to avoid the 270, as it has the weight of the 280, without all the power.
The others you mentioned are lighter, in case you care about that at all.......

I would also avoid the 260, as it is a very old design, with bad air filter system and anti-vibe.

Hi Sawtroll!
As I see you not loosed your scepticism against MS270

:bowdown:
I have MS270also and can confirm that it is good saw as another owners here are sayng;)

Back