First Time this Season!! It's starting again!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:smoking:sure sounds like fun. i havent run a wood cook stove in years. makes me want to now though

Yeah last night was cozy with the stove going in the kitchen. It wasn't that cold but seemed it after weeks of 90's. My better half cooked supper on it at as well. We have a little Jotul NR404 cookstove. It takes real small wood...12" long X2"-3"dia. It used to be a PITA to cut for until I figured it out. It's still time consuming but less of a hassle. I have a dedicated saw for this stove. It is a Jonsereds 52E with a 16" Sugi-Hara and some kind of super safety chain (don't know the brand but it's new and came on a junk saw. I was going to throw it away!!). I clean up all the tops of maples, birch and ash that I cut for the other two stoves. This safety chain does not grab the little stuff, just calmly cuts it off. I've found the it is no more of a pain to cut up little stuff that doesn't need to be split than it is to cut larger stuff 12"s and split it fine. I cut on my own lot so I have to do something with the brush anyway. Might as well heat and cook with it as burn it in a brush pile. The other plus is I can only push about two and a half cord through this stove in the 8 months or so a yr I run it. It's always the first started and the last to go out!!:cheers:

Low of 32 last night and back into the mid 60's today I love SE Alaska. Id runa wood stove but with the wood we have it sounds like a six gun shootout allnight. The lab doesn't care but it scares the hell outs the wife's Chihuahua.
GG

Latest posts

Back