first time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I did it, I bent my bar on my 270. I was cutting a dead tree down and the tree was leaning , and it fell on the bar . well anyway a blade would not tighten down all the way , it was like it was to long for the bar. does this mean the chain bad.

I think you need to rephrase your question. You bent your bar,then tried to put a new chain on what? and it wouldnt the chain adjuster wouldnt tighten the chain enough?:dizzy:

Well I did it, I bent my bar on my 270. I was cutting a dead tree down and the tree was leaning , and it fell on the bar . well anyway a blade would not tighten down all the way , it was like it was to long for the bar. does this mean the chain bad.

Well, I would try putting the chain on the new bar you're gonna get and see if it tightens and rotates properly. If it doesn't, I would suggest a new chain at that point. :cool:

Before the I bent the bar, the chain adjuster was turn all the way out to the stop. and the chain was still loose.

Then I would say the chain is too long. Look on base of bar and it should be stamped with the part number and tell you how many links should be in the chain. Then count links in the chain that you have. Ill bet its a link too long.:)

Back