First Tree Job of the Year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I get hired to trim or remove about 2 dozen trees a year, so it's always exciting to get paid to remove a tree. Going to trim one and remove 2. The tough one to remove is (perhaps) a fair-sized walnut. It's hanging over a wooden fence, 2 houses and a swing set. Lots of rigging to do there. The second is mostly dead, and I forgot to see what it was. It should be pretty simple. Cut out a bit on the top, then fell the rest into the street. The one to trim is an ailanthus, with a power line running through it. I'm staying clear of that. He wants the tree out of there, but that one is beyond me.

As soon as we get a warm enough day, I'll get to it and have some lovely pics for y'all.

Nice man. Gotta love getting paid to remove your heat for the winter! Me and a friend are going to remove a maple tree of some sort (owner isn't sure what he has, and I haven't been by to see for myself yet) come springtime. While I'm not getting paid for it, it's local, so there won't be much driving involved. And it's clear of obstacles, so no worries about having to coax it along in a certain direction. Plus another friend of mine wants me to come over and cut up a tree that blew over late last year. I'm hoping I stay busy this year with tree removal jobs. :cool:

He should have you cut that ailanthus down entirely. They're just weed trees and break easily. I won't even burn them.

I get hired to trim or remove about 2 dozen trees a year, so it's always exciting to get paid to remove a tree. Going to trim one and remove 2. The tough one to remove is (perhaps) a fair-sized walnut. It's hanging over a wooden fence, 2 houses and a swing set. Lots of rigging to do there. The second is mostly dead, and I forgot to see what it was. It should be pretty simple. Cut out a bit on the top, then fell the rest into the street. The one to trim is an ailanthus, with a power line running through it. I'm staying clear of that. He wants the tree out of there, but that one is beyond me.

As soon as we get a warm enough day, I'll get to it and have some lovely pics for y'all.

Have him call the power company. Around here if you notify them that you have a hazard tree in their lines they'll come out and do all the hard work so no one gets zapped. Then you can swoop in and drop the stem.

Have him call the power company. Around here if you notify them that you have a hazard tree in their lines they'll come out and do all the hard work so no one gets zapped. Then you can swoop in and drop the stem.

Try to be there when the Power folks are doin' the deed. They'll love ya when all they have to do is put it on the ground, and you'll get normal sized pieces for the stove.

Same here! And I'm on the other side of the globe.

:D

I suspect the tree is also on the right-of-way, and therefore city property. I suggested he call the city about it, and he said the power company came out twice - once to put an insulator over the wire where it's rubbing against the trunk (Yes, really!) and another time to trim a few twigs off the branch tips. Closed off the road and everything. For twigs. Must be union workers. I guess they didn't want the twigs rubbing against the wires. Only tree trunks are allowed to do that I guess.

Latest posts

Back