Fiskars Super Splitter #7854

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow Horse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After reading all the glowing recommendations for the Fiskars Super Splitter (7854), I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger. Wickedly sharp right out of the package, it makes splitting wood a pleasant task.....

I'm all for any tool that will make the job go easier, and I suffer from some back issues, so splitting with my 6# maul really took it's toll on me. During, after and even the next day, I was taking Aleve or an equivalent.

After using the Super Splitter for 2 days, my back is 95+% better than when I used the maul. And, to boot, I split way more. Not too shabby in my book.

2 thumbs up for the Super Splitter! Thanks to all who recommended it....

I just ordered another one for my son-in-law for X-Mas......

Looked around here in ontario and home depot carries fiskars but can't order anything the don't stock, and they don't stock the supersplitter? I didn't see it at lowes either !! Wondering if there is anyone in ontario how knows where to find one???:help:

I ordered one from ebay. It's an Ace store, it was only $31.99 buy it now too!! I know what you're thinking, $25 to ship. Nope, it was $8.95 Here's the link to the dutch auction Click Here

It's honestly one of the most hyped tools I've ever come across that even outperforms it's own hype!

I love that little thing. :bowdown:

Has anyone in Cabada ordered one from baileys yet, there $39.99 but I'm worried about duty and handling fees. I searched the greater Detroit surounding area at HD Lowes Ace Aco and all I could find was the pro spliter at sears. I bought it and it works pretty damn good for being 2-1/2 lbs but I still want to pick up the SS.

Yep, sharp out of the box...

And maybe I over do it a bit when I get out the wet stone a few times a season and touch it up while watching TV...

sharp_fiskars.jpg

At least that's the impression I had when it curled off some thin strips as it was splitting a Red Maple :D

Yeah, I had to bite on that one, too. The only place in Pittsburgh (according to Fiskars) that carries it is 40 minutes from home. Ace doesn't carry it, will order but charges $54 plus tax. The SS will join my old 6-lb, Helko Vario, and Husqvarna maul, and I'll have a fresh load of locust to split as soon as the ground gets hard enough to drive on a guy's lawn.

Jack

they make a draw through axe sharpener as well that is about £8 over here so about $16 i have one and touch my axes up every day after use with it to keep the edge sharp, with the smaller axe i can actually shave with it :clap: great bits of kit and sensibly priced

I ordered one from ebay. It's an Ace store, it was only $31.99 buy it now too!! I know what you're thinking, $25 to ship. Nope, it was $8.95 Here's the link to the dutch auction Click Here

Sparky, that's where I ordered mine from. They were a bit slow to ship, but it did come UPS with a tracking #.....

The Fiskars is VERY sharp right out of the box alright....When I was unpacking mine I cut my hand, and just bareley touched it!! It's a hell of a lot sharper than your old six or eight pounder!

Has anyone used a handle saver on the Super Splitter? If one fits, it sounds like good insurance to me....

HS-4sizes-300.jpg

Last edited:
I called many different stores trying to find the Fiskars SS in Canada, but no one carried them as of last winter.

A buddy of mine in Michigan bought one from Menard's and shipped it to me after I had sent him the funds to cover everything.

Bailey's is a good place to order from, but when I do order from them I always call in my order so that I can clearly state that I want it shipped via USPS.

I do not order anything from the US if it will be shipped via UPS. Their brokerage fees are way too high.

:cheers:

I called many different stores trying to find the Fiskars SS in Canada, but no one carried them as of last winter.

A buddy of mine in Michigan bought one from Menard's and shipped it to me after I had sent him the funds to cover everything.

Bailey's is a good place to order from, but when I do order from them I always call in my order so that I can clearly state that I want it shipped via USPS.

I do not order anything from the US if it will be shipped via UPS. Their brokerage fees are way too high.

:cheers:
Thanks for the tip, now I'll have to try and find a Menards in SE Mi.

Has anyone used a handle saver on the Super Splitter? If one fits, it sounds like good insurance to me....

I almost *never* overstrike with the Fiskars.

Remember, it's short handle is the single largest complaint folks have with it.

I think I've had one overstrike in close to two cords of firewood this fall, and I remember thinking, "Huh, I never do that..." the time I did.

I do have those on my (never used anymore) mauls 'cause with those I did overstrike on a daily basis.

I almost *never* overstrike with the Fiskars.

Remember, it's short handle is the single largest complaint folks have with it.

I think I've had one overstrike in close to two cords of firewood this fall, and I remember thinking, "Huh, I never do that..." the time I did.

I do have those on my (never used anymore) mauls 'cause with those I did overstrike on a daily basis.

this just got me to thinking. Maybe that is why they have a shorter handle. I know we all complain about handle length but how many of us have had a major problem swinging short with the fiskars. I know I haven't. Maybe that is the reasoning behind the shorter handle. I consistently overstrike with my old maul even with my sledge when driving wedges. hmmmmm

Back