Fiskars X27 What a Piece of Plastic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of in shock that one of the haters on this site hasn't shown up for the last several pages to tell us Fiskars don't work, didn't split the wood we split, have poor metallurgy, and the handle is going to break.

These Fiskars are junk! They bounce off the soft woods and break the heads off on the hard stuff. I've had to get replacements twice now and will never buy one again.

PS. Only the part about needing replaced twice is true. :)

Damage won't show from many over strikes then one day it breaks from almost nothing.
That's the story I have gotten about the broken ones I have seen.

Damage won't show from many over strikes then one day it breaks from almost nothing.
That's the story I have gotten about the broken ones I have seen.
So, no real first hand experience just hearsay. Good reason to trash talk a product.

The Fiskars is a POP

Handles do break Quite easy

about 3 cord on this one, But if I am going to over strike I make it worth it, The fiskars is good for 5 missed hits, Wood handle good for 2. WIN Fiskars:numberone:

They could be a little harder metal

This is my new one about 5 cords on it

Because every split it ends up handle deep in the dirt. LOL

So to sum it up The fiskars does everything it is supposed to unless you are like me, a person that can break a bowling ball in a padded room.:chop:

Yep I like it. A lot.

The Fiskars is a POP

Handles do break Quite easy

about 3 cord on this one, But if I am going to over strike I make it worth it, The fiskars is good for 5 missed hits, Wood handle good for 2. WIN Fiskars:numberone:

They could be a little harder metal

This is my new one about 5 cords on it

Because every split it ends up handle deep in the dirt. LOL

So to sum it up The fiskars does everything it is supposed to unless you are like me, a person that can break a bowling ball in a padded room.:chop:

Yep I like it. A lot.
Did you send those in for warranty?

Man that must of stung the hands. I hardly over strike and when I do its painful with the fiskars so I try even harder to minimize that. I also lay down some rounds or split on top of my log pile so I dont run that baby into the dirt. So far I think this thing is going to last a life time.

Did you send those in for warranty?

No, I never bothered registering the things, The first one broke at the end of the season last year, so I did not need it. I only broke one.

Man that must of stung the hands. I hardly over strike and when I do its painful with the fiskars so I try even harder to minimize that. I also lay down some rounds or split on top of my log pile so I dont run that baby into the dirt. So far I think this thing is going to last a life time.

I wear padded gloves, never notice much rattle, Plus my hands are normally numb from running my old saws. LOL
I was cutting 30-34" rounds, so not real feasible to raise them much. I do good until I find a tough round that takes more than one hit, then the next round gets blasted the same way, and the head is in the dirt.

No, I never bothered registering the things, The first one broke at the end of the season last year, so I did not need it. I only broke one.

I wear padded gloves, never notice much rattle, Plus my hands are normally numb from running my old saws. LOL
I was cutting 30-34" rounds, so not real feasible to raise them much. I do good until I find a tough round that takes more than one hit, then the next round gets blasted the same way, and the head is in the dirt.
I don't think you need to register it. Send them an email.

On a whim I tried to find a Walmart that had a X25 in stock between my home and cabin but nobody has them out yet.

@Philbert you mentioned somewhere in the metro has them out year round?

I put 3 rounds on their side on the ground and set what Im splitting on the to furthest away from me. If I blow through it the axe ends up in the round and not the dirt. Also laying them on the side mean they or only ~8 inches off the ground and if I half a bigger'ish round (12") then they wont roll.

I don't think you need to register it. Send them an email.

+1, I have not broken one but one of my neighbors has and he sent them the old head and they sent him a new axe.

Fiskars products are warranted to the consumer purchaser to be free of defects in material and workmanship for as long as the consumer owns the product. Warranty does not cover sharpening, normal wear and tear, environmental factors, accidental damage, misuse, industrial/commercial use.

At Fiskars Brands, Inc.'s option, defective product will be repaired, replaced or substituted with a product of equal value. For more details, call Fiskars Brands, Inc. at 1-866-348-5661. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state.

When you bust the handle of your fiskars, drill a couple of holes in from the poll then cut thru the handle area, thread the holes in the blade side, enlarge the poll holes to take bolts, make a haft and reassemble like the vario. Call it Franken-ax, it lives!

Latest posts

Back