"Fitch" (fact or fitchen fiction)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypo, Never heard of big red oil. Where did you get it?
One thing to keep in mind guys is that just because a oil is synthetic doesnt mean its worth a darn. Some of these off brands I would be leary of. If a oil meets iso eg-d its usually pretty good.

Gypo,
Looks like its some good stuff for 2 bux a quart.
But..............Does it smell good?????? :)
Mike.

That's Neo-Luddite Synthetic big red sulphated ash certified oil
to you mister. With a name like "Big Red", it has to be good.

Radial tires were preposterous also 25 years ago.

There is nothing else today. The same will occur with oil. :)

There are from time to time good new developments, no question. The problem I have with most of the advertized wonder drugs for our mechanical toys is that the claims are based on far from scientific data. They make allusions to Catalytic Effect or Ionized, or some such property that we know can have unexpected and beneficial resuts and we mentally extrapolate that to apply to this product too. We deceive ourselves. I just absolutely won't listen to an "infomercial". Don't ever believe the advice of interested parties.

Frank

The problem I have with most of the advertized wonder drugs for our mechanical toys is that the claims are based on far from scientific data. They make allusions to Catalytic Effect or Ionized, or some such property that we know can have unexpected and beneficial resuts and we mentally extrapolate that to apply to this product too. We deceive ourselves. I just absolutely won't listen to an "infomercial". Don't ever believe the advice of interested parties.
Very true. Further more a good product does not need smoke and mirrors to sell. Oils like opti, amsoil, and others that make outlandish claims raises a flag on my BS meter.

There are from time to time good new developments, no question. The problem I have with most of the advertized wonder drugs for our mechanical toys is that the claims are based on far from scientific data. They make allusions to Catalytic Effect or Ionized, or some such property that we know can have unexpected and beneficial resuts and we mentally extrapolate that to apply to this product too. We deceive ourselves. I just absolutely won't listen to an "infomercial". Don't ever believe the advice of interested parties.

I now realize that you guy are as sharp as Art's chains, and I was going to try to get support for a new invention I'm working on, but now I think I should take the idea else where.

But I still think there was a real niche for my solar powered chainsaw specifically designed to work in the high arctic, cutting frozen black spuce when the tempratures are too cold for gas engines.

Timberwolf

Timberwolf;

Get in touch with Tundraotto, he might have some advice or be able to tell you where to go with your idea!

Frank

Back