• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Flywheel for 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the 1204 flywheel I believe you need either a 1122 400 1303 or 1307. Those would be the cdic coils. If Jacob j checks this again he can probably tell you if those are right. Research old post by him...he's done a few threads on 064 ignitions.

703cf7d8a27cfd07502ef13d0b5da57d.jpg
this is the cool that was on the saw... It is messed up. Is this OEM???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the cool that was on the saw... It is messed up. Is this OEM???

That looks like the 0000 400 1300 ignition. Was the timing way off? (i.e. did it kick back hard when you tried to start it?)

I've actually seen a few 1204 flywheels that had the dual keyways, but most were single slot, timed for the CDIC (rev-limited) ignition.
If I remember correctly, CDIC stands for capacitor-discharge/interrupted circuit or something similar. It just means that it has the rev-limiting circuit.

Here's a link to the technical info: http://www.beyondautomation.com/AImages/066-64 ignitions.pdf

This is what was wrong with it...
30b44392666c903351765cdcb72b77c1.jpg
so what do you think my best bet would be id rather not have a rev limiting coil. If that's at all possible.... I rescued the saw. The idiot who owned it before me didn't tighten the flywheel enough (clearly) and that's what happened.

Judging by the kind of damage your coil has- he either didn't tighten the coil correctly or your main bearings are shot.

Yes, the 1303 coil goes with the 1204 flywheel.

Yes the main bearing were shot. Just replaced them... That's what I was guessing. But guy told me it was because the flywheel wasn't tighten down enough.... Split the case and there was 3 missing ball bearings! It was toast. But it's restored now. Just waiting on flywheel.
679b871205b696cc990e39f475d12581.jpg

Back