for you micro pulley guys....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.5mm off

I did that with those blue petzle rigging pullies. Tryied to use them on 1/2 inch line for a speedline like you've shown. Turns out that their being 13mm max rope they had too much friction and endedup we just had a fancy DWT.

ok ok keep slamming me for posting about a new gizmo i found. thats the last time i post a new piece of gear i see.:D

The picture below was taken on the ETCC in Oslo. Someone was indeed using a "Ultralegere" type of pulley as a slack tender for the longe. I've tried it, but the the fourth time the rope went out of the pulley, I've given up. I think the Ultralegere is very nice when you're pulling up a chainsaw or something like that.
As for normal micro-pulleys, I did use the Oscillante for quite a long time, but it's true it has too much friction using a 1/2' line. I've now changed to Petzl's "Fixe" with fixed plates. It is a bit heavier, but it has a space in which the rope goes through virtually frictionless and the plates advences the hitch perfectly.
Try it...

Sergio

www.tree-climbing.com

longewithtinypulley.jpg

Back