Ford Dump Trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a manual just because you have better control over the truck IMO. My International has a 3 speed with a 2 speed rear. I just love the 2 speed rear end and was wondering if any of the Fords, Chevy's or Dodges have 2 speed rears in them in the 1/2 , 3/4 or 1 tons.
My son told me one day while we were traveling in the International "Dad I wouldn't want to take this thing on a date" :laugh:

There are Fords with a 2speed rearend in the F350 line. I was looking at a 1988 6.9diesel, dually a couple years ago, and it did have the 2speed rearend.

There are Fords with a 2speed rearend in the F350 line. I was looking at a 1988 6.9diesel, dually a couple years ago, and it did have the 2speed rearend.

If someone was constantly hauling heavy loads that would a good option to have.

At low speeds its great, but some trucks I've taken for testdrives still seemed to have 50mph maximums, and are running pretty high at that speed, 3500-4000rpm.

4+2 setups.
3+2

my 71 F350 with 4 sp and 4:10/4:56(can't remember) rearend is almost topped out at 50mph or so it sounds.

Back