Forum search tips.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teatersroad

What's a henway?
Reaction score
I'll presume to put this in the chainsaw forum. I know the search feature has been hit and miss for more than a few of us. I hang out in the archives more than not, and depend on the search feature. What works best for me: You can search the site with Google. Enter your keyword, followed by site:www.arboristsite.com.. Search results will only show hits here on arboristsite. Big problem for me has been the local search engine not recognizing numbers, so I use the above method.

Also if you want to search craigslist sitewide, google keyword followed by site:*.craigslist.org. The asterix acts as a wildcard for what would otherwise be the city name (a Dos legacy), so the search pulls results from all cities.

cheers

Last edited:
You don't have to use the www. or the .com
Just subject-space-arboristsite
:cheers:
J2F

well, subject-space-arboristsite will return hits from anywhere (youtube, fixya, #########, on and on) The other method retuns hits only from arboristsite. Nothing new, a feature of Google advanced search. Just seemed a timely reminder. regards.

well, subject-space-arboristsite will return hits from anywhere (youtube, fixya, #########, on and on) The other method retuns hits only from arboristsite. Nothing new, a feature of Google advanced search. Just seemed a timely reminder. regards.
Yes...you are right!!
I just look for the ones that say "arboristsite" and only view those...
Your way is better...only a few more keystrokes!!
:cheers:
J2F

Latest posts

Back