Found A Montgomery Wards Model 65 Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remington Mighty Mite Automatic

I was recently given a Remington Might Mite Automatic The Model is MMA-II .

I can not find an Owners Manual or Repair manual for this saw.

If you have one please send it to my e-mail [email protected]

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank You, Paul Anderson

It lives!

i got my Wards #65 running really well! all i had to do was clean the carb and soak the chain and bar and clean some old gas out of the tank and this thing fired right up!!! it's ready to cut wood. all it needs is an air cleaner and a pull-start cord adjustment. video coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAG28VbWyMw

Last edited:
Cool! You've given me incentive to get my Wards WD60 running right. Looks just like your WD65. Just needs a carb rebuild. Had it running on mix sprayed up the throat a while ago. Gotta come up with an air filter element too. Whatever was originaly in there disintigrated when I popped the cover...:givebeer:

Holy Crap!:censored:

Watching that one for sure...:popcorn:

I have a friend who has three NOS Homelit 750's that he bought a while ago. When I got my beat but complete Wards WD60 for $10.00 a while ago I brought it over to show him, as he likes old saws (of course). He said, "Well that's a coincidence."..............and proceeded to show me the NIB Wards WD60 that someone had just given him. Unlike the 750's, that Wards will probably never be used in his hands. Probably still sitting on a shelf in his barn.......getting pidgeon poop on it. First time I've thought about that saw in about five years. Gonna see if he'll part with it cheap. Gotta bring the beer...:cheers:

Cool! You've given me incentive to get my Wards WD60 running right. Looks just like your WD65. Just needs a carb rebuild. Had it running on mix sprayed up the throat a while ago. Gotta come up with an air filter element too. Whatever was originaly in there disintigrated when I popped the cover...:givebeer:

my wards 65 is so simple and easy to work on, i had it running in no time flat. no need to rebuild the carb. just take it apart and clean it but make sure to run wire though the passages in that brass screw that holds the float-bowl et. also blow it out with compressed air to be sure that the passages are open. then slap it back together and let it rip! i've never owned a saw that was this simple. everything is exposed and easy to access. i may end up keeping this one and using it as a saw. hard to believe ain't it?

Back