Found an old black wanut grove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Traveler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Found an old black wanut grove here in Dallas & it looks like some of the trees need to be removed.

Strange as it might sound, you just don't see something like this every day in this area.

We have recently moved into this neighborhood after buying this older but nice home at a bargin price on a cul de sac.

If anyone in this area wants to see about getting some of the wood give me a PM

As much as I want some walnut, I'm much too far away! But I'd still love to see some pictures of the trees and the cutting.
It will not be a cut & dry job, I guess that is why they are still here after so many years.
The developers built these tract homes in the midst of the trees.
Now they are old & dying.
What a waste, some have a pretty big trunk.

As much as I want some walnut, I'm much too far away! But I'd still love to see some pictures of the trees and the cutting.

Brad, one of these days when this dang recession finishes its havoc, we should put some money together and make a trip down south to get a trailer load of walnut.

Heh, sounds like a plan if only I had an inkling of trust in the border agents. I'm probably on some watch list anyway.:taped:

There are some walnuts in the southeast part of the province too, but since none are native they aren't as large on average. I have enough family in Ontario that could get me all I ever wanted, but getting it out here is another story!

I guess that is partly why it collects such a premium out here, all that shipping. Well, it was a good thought. I think I saw an add for oak logs in oregon somewhere.

Latest posts

Back