Found Stihl 034 av for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougeee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I saw an ad on craiglist for an 034 av for $215. The pictures look good. I contacted the owner for some more information about the saw. He said he was the original owner. He said the saw has set in his garage for the last 20 years. Said he started the saw 5 years ago and it ran great. So I need some advice on where to go from here. Do I go and try to start it. Shoot him a lower price. A little help would be great. thanks Doug

go see if it starts then offer him $150 and see if he bites. For $215 I'd hold out for a newer saw

It's highly unlikely that saw will start after sitting for 20 years.

Absolutely got to pull the muffler and look inside...do compression check...(150 lb +)

If OK....Buy It..!! (try $200)

If cherry...I'd definitely BUY IT..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I just picked one up off Craigslist a little more than a week ago . It is in real nice shape . I got to run the saw at the sellers house and make some cuts in different size wood . I got the saw which is clean and a nice runner for $150 . And to sweeten the deal he threw in a Carlton file-o-plate, new file and a brand new pair of chaps . I would have been happy with just the saw , needless to say I was smiling the whole way home .

Great Saw

I have a few of them and I think they are a great saw for the money. If it were me, I would go look at it - no need to start it because you know the gas is bad. Pull the muffler and make sure the piston and cylinder are in perfect condition. If the piston and cylinder are in great shape, give the seller the $175 he needs for the saw. When you get home with it, dump the old fuel. While the tank is empty, take a quick look at the filter and fuel line. If the fuel line has that gummy feel - replace the impulse line, fuel line and filter (if it were me, I would just replace them no matter what). Then all you have to do is fill it with fresh fuel, post a pic of your new saw on here and go cut some wood!!!

Latest posts

Back