four-stroking...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl026man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I went over to my friends house earlier today and he was cutting up a fallen tree. He has a 372 like mine.. I was watching him cut a little and noticed that his saw was missing a little or 4 stroking some in the cut...I didnt say anything to him but what could I tell him to do to fix i or is this normal??

Zack

I went over to my friends house earlier today and he was cutting up a fallen tree. He has a 372 like mine.. I was watching him cut a little and noticed that his saw was missing a little or 4 stroking some in the cut...I didnt say anything to him but what could I tell him to do to fix i or is this normal??

Zack

Might just be running a little rich. Does your friend clean his air filter regularly? Clogged filter will make it run rich.

Well, the most likely case is that his carb is set just a bit rich... but I suppose there could be some other reasons, such as an improperly gapped plug, or an ignition that is grounding out. Just mention to him that his saw sounds a bit "fat" and he's losing power somewhere. Prolly just needs a tune.

Back